Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 10:50 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times

Advertisements

He feels like a tool for living with his parents, lying about it, and being caught. So he's fading away. No big mystery here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 10:27 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
He feels like a tool for living with his parents, lying about it, and being caught. So he's fading away. No big mystery here.
AND he realizes OP isn't gonna let him move in. Her checking him out made him uneasy.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:56 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
If a guy I went on a couple of dates with said: “Let’s go to your place” and then tried to quick look around inside... I think I’d pretend I live with my parents.

You didn’t think this was going anywhere, anyway, did you OP? I mean he lied, lives with his parents, and you can’t go to his house. When you found this out, why did you continue to see him?

Old 03-05-2019, 04:43 PM

9 posts, read 4,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
If a guy I went on a couple of dates with said: “Let’s go to your place” and then tried to quick look around inside... I think I’d pretend I live with my parents.

You didn’t think this was going anywhere, anyway, did you OP? I mean he lied, lives with his parents, and you can’t go to his house. When you found this out, why did you continue to see him?
Haha, that would have been good right? “Sorry, I have to make sure my dad isn’t still up.”

I found out on the second date but wanted to give him a chance to explain why. He has a job and goes to school so it’s understandable if he lives there for a short period of time which he has. I would have liked it to go somewhere but I can see what you’re saying.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:48 PM

9 posts, read 4,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
You haven't mentioned his age. How old is he and still living with his parents?

I think he lying about living with his parents and he making up a story that his roommates are too noisy or nosy is worse than you doing a background check and telling him.
He’s 27 and goes to school and has a full time job. He probably felt embarrassed because I own a house but if he would have just been honest it wouldn’t have been a problem. Idk maybe he seen me as too intimidating?

Old 03-05-2019, 05:39 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettrix View Post
He’s 27 and goes to school and has a full time job. He probably felt embarrassed because I own a house but if he would have just been honest it wouldn’t have been a problem. Idk maybe he seen me as too intimidating?
Yes. If you are not doing well at life, you aren’t gonna want to date a woman who is doing better than you, if you are guy.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:45 PM

293 posts, read 121,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yes. If you are not doing well at life, you aren’t gonna want to date a woman who is doing better than you, if you are guy.
That doesn't make any sense

Poor dudes should only date poor women?

Poor dudes should try to date sucessful women, no?

Old 03-05-2019, 07:52 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Well going to school and working full time changes picture of him for me.

He probably felt judged too soon.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:07 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
That doesn't make any sense

Poor dudes should only date poor women?

Poor dudes should try to date sucessful women, no?
I'm explaining this from the guy's view. He feels that he doesn't measure up to the success of his girlfriend and having her around was just reminder of how he hadn't made it, hence why he bowed out.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:16 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Yup, you got ghosted. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships