Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 12:01 AM

123 posts, read 66,174 times

Advertisements

Married man (on outs with wife, likely getting separated) whom I’ve become close with tells me these things after hearing I refuse to become more involved w him (which I’ve stuck to thus far):
-He’s been close to very very few people in life but feels he disappoints the ones he does become close to & it appears no one can end up happy with him. I took this to mean he wants me to move on & never would really want a relationship with me, so this is a way to get me to give up so to speak. Which is fine.

But he insisted that isn’t true, and said maybe he doesn’t actually mean much to me if I am fine with not seeing him anymore, giving up, and moving on so easily. Huh??

-Says he is jealous thinking of me sleeping with someone else instead of him -Texts/calls/wants to see me (even platonically) definitely daily, almost constantly

Old 03-04-2019, 12:30 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Why are you so close to a married man?

Old 03-04-2019, 12:56 AM

123 posts, read 66,174 times
We just became friends at the office. And something insane has drawn us together ever since, despite the fact that neither of us were definitely looking to become close to anyone. It makes zero sense, I’m not like this. He wants to be in constant contact. I don’t know why.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:13 AM

"Something insane has drawn us together" and "I am not like this" are contradictory statements.
If you were "not like this" you would stop this "insanity", cease the "constant contact", stop encouraging his dirty talk, stop thinking about him and analyzing his behavior.
But it seems that you are all for the little fling and enjoying the attention of a married man.
Yes, it makes zero sense - you have low self esteem and are possible homewrecker. He has a wife and a little son!
You should know better than that.

BTW: you are married and 7 months pregnant! Your husband is a Muslim! Do you know what Muslims do with a cheating wife?

You already asked all the questions here
Male coworker, confused- appropriate?
why are you asking again if you are not considering to follow our advice?
Why are you still confused and in denial??

Last edited by elnina; 03-04-2019 at 01:39 AM..

Old 03-04-2019, 02:32 AM

1,158 posts, read 961,155 times
Statement number one is him clearly letting you know he always disappoints those that choose to get involved with him. Don't get involved with him. It will not be good for you or work out.

The second statement is to flatter you and test you to see if you are willing to have a full blown affair with him.

Cut this guy off ASAP. He sounds like he has done this before and has all his lines ready to go. Don't invite chaos and drama into your life.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:46 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Hmmm. Good catch, elnina said it all.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Hmmm. Good catch, elnina said it all.
That is just creepy sometimes.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gb83 View Post
Married man (on outs with wife, likely getting separated) whom I’ve become close with tells me these things after hearing I refuse to become more involved w him (which I’ve stuck to thus far):
-He’s been close to very very few people in life but feels he disappoints the ones he does become close to & it appears no one can end up happy with him. I took this to mean he wants me to move on & never would really want a relationship with me, so this is a way to get me to give up so to speak. Which is fine.

But he insisted that isn’t true, and said maybe he doesn’t actually mean much to me if I am fine with not seeing him anymore, giving up, and moving on so easily. Huh??

-Says he is jealous thinking of me sleeping with someone else instead of him -Texts/calls/wants to see me (even platonically) definitely daily, almost constantly
Why, indeed? LOL

Is it so hard to imagine that a married guy who's estranged from his family, who actively sought you out using work as an excuse and continued to make inroads with you knowing you are married and pregnant wouldn't be someone you should trust?

Why are these questions you're still asking? Go back and read the thread elnina linked to, OP, and read how you blew off most every bit of advice as to "why."

To quote Maya Angelou, when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Oops, too late.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:39 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

btw: You are married and 7 months pregnant! Your husband is a muslim! Do you know what muslims do with a cheating wife?

You already asked all the questions here
Male coworker, confused- appropriate?
why are you asking again if you are not considering to follow our advice?
Why are you still confused and in denial??
^^^^^^^^^^^^^all of this^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-04-2019, 06:47 AM

"Likely getting separated".... lol
Men love those phrases: My wife doesn't understand me, My wife cheats on me, My wife doesn't want sex, I feel so lonely...
awww.....
Seriously???
From the other posts, it doesn't look like he is thinking to leave his wife or planning to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships