Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 10:48 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
How long should I wait to try to make contact?

I sent her a lengthy text the other day apologizing and saying a made a huge mistake, probably need to get my anxiety issues under control and hopefully I can earn back her trust at some point.
Just leave her alone, you blew it with this lady.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:24 AM

293 posts, read 121,129 times
Quote:
How long should I wait to try to make contact?

I sent her a lengthy text the other day apologizing and saying a made a huge mistake, probably need to get my anxiety issues under control and hopefully I can earn back her trust at some point.
Based on what you've posted, I don't think you've done this yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
Be absolutely honest with yourself
So, leave her alone until you have

Old 03-09-2019, 11:32 AM

638 posts, read 240,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
Based on what you've posted, I don't think you've done this yet

So, leave her alone until you have
Its what I have decided on, the meds I take will take 2-3 weeks to kick in.. I need to work on myself first, and right now this has just jacked up my anxiety even more

Old 03-09-2019, 02:37 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,547 times
Quote:
Yes
Yep!! You really messed up. Move on with your dramatic ex or find someone new. You don't deserve the woman whom you promised to be exclusive.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:33 AM

314 posts, read 439,844 times
I would suggest only contacting her to set a time for her or someone to get her belongings. This bridge is burned, I mean what if you got a message from her ex telling you he nailed her the night before? Also, you use alcohol as an excuse to why you slept with the ex. You may only drink one night but do you drink to get drunk? do you know your limit?

OP, I am not trying to bust your B..... here, but I will tell you like I told my brother who was in the same type of situation. Next time you start dating someone simply treat them like you want to be treated by them. It really is that simple.

Good luck

Old 03-11-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBC View Post
I would suggest only contacting her to set a time for her or someone to get her belongings. This bridge is burned, I mean what if you got a message from her ex telling you he nailed her the night before? Also, you use alcohol as an excuse to why you slept with the ex. You may only drink one night but do you drink to get drunk? do you know your limit?

OP, I am not trying to bust your B..... here, but I will tell you like I told my brother who was in the same type of situation. Next time you start dating someone simply treat them like you want to be treated by them. It really is that simple.

Good luck
Well we have talked a little bit, she just asked for a few weeks of space to think about things with the condition that I start taking the Lexapro, which I did last week... And have to admit, today at work I feel like a totally different person.. Still have some anxiety, but so much more energy and able to focus. Says 4-6 weeks for it to get absorbed fully, see how I feel then.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:27 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Quote:
Well we have talked a little bit, she just asked for a few weeks of space to think about things with the condition that I start taking the Lexapro, which I did last week... And have to admit, today at work I feel like a totally different person.. Still have some anxiety, but so much more energy and able to focus. Says 4-6 weeks for it to get absorbed fully, see how I feel then.
Please tell us that you've blocked off any contact with the vindictive ex as well as avoiding places where the two of you might possibly "run into" one another.

(How did this "hook up" happen, anyway? )

Old 03-11-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Please tell us that you've blocked off any contact with the vindictive ex as well as avoiding places where the two of you might possibly "run into" one another.

(How did this "hook up" happen, anyway? )
Yes, all contact blocked

She showed up at the bar I was at, same bar I have been going to on Fridays for years.. My group of guys have agreed to now meet at another place on Fridays..

Old 03-11-2019, 12:52 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Quote:
Yes, all contact blocked

She showed up at the bar I was at, same bar I have been going to on Fridays for years.. My group of guys have agreed to now meet at another place on Fridays..
Good call (and good luck)!

Old 03-11-2019, 02:00 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
I am one that thinks cheating is a betrayal that cannot be overlooked. You can never trust that person again. Ever. Even if a person COULD forgive the cheater - they will always be wondering (in the back of their head) if it will happen again.

And, you should have known better than to combine alcohol with that medication. That was a stupid decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships