Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 12:08 PM

575 posts, read 339,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
A vibe is an intangible, like a spark, and no one can define it because it will mean something different to every person you ask.

So yes, one can have a vibe the way she describes without looking like someone. Just take it as a positive and quit trying to quantify it.
Fair enough. Sometimes, I can't help the overanalyzing, even if it's related to some very abstract , intangible concept.

That being said, I couldn't help it and watched the recent Bradley Cooper&LadyGaga movie, just in a remote case I wasn't actually bullsh*tted.

Apparently, Cooper is a more versatile actor than I gave him credit for. His behavioral patterns there are quite different from his typical tropes.

I, do, indeed, in real life, talk and behave a lot like him (minus the alcohol), in that particular movie. So, she was right, imagine that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 12:17 PM

575 posts, read 339,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
One thing I've noticed is that in OLD, women that would not be regarded as "catches" in real life often get showered in attention and praise. This makes that otherwise not-that-attractive woman very picky, a lot pickier than she'd probably be with OLD didn't exist.
Yeah, I can see that notion mentioned in lots of other similar threads, so there should be something to that...

I think, I will completely abandon the OLD efforts and instead focus on casting as wide a net as possible, in real life.

That means :
- speed dating gatherings
- meet-up groups
- I will start attending local dog hiking groups

- random flirting when doing errands - which is,after all, how I ended up with all dates.

"It ain't broke, so don't try to fix it"...

Old 03-14-2019, 06:39 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
Yeah, I can see that notion mentioned in lots of other similar threads, so there should be something to that...

I think, I will completely abandon the OLD efforts and instead focus on casting as wide a net as possible, in real life.

That means :
- speed dating gatherings
- meet-up groups
- I will start attending local dog hiking groups

- random flirting when doing errands - which is,after all, how I ended up with all dates.

"It ain't broke, so don't try to fix it"...
Exactly.

And dog parks are good.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:02 AM

818 posts, read 456,340 times
Onlines a whole nother silly world in my short experience with it.
Works for some but most including women just seem to go round and round and be on them years.
But anyway if you do so well in RL, why even bother.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:34 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,573 times
Generally OLD can be difficult for most men that aren’t explicitly attractive or interesting. And even if you are, you might not be selling it correctly with the right pictures or bio.

I assume you’re interested in the attractive women on whatever site your using. Well, so is every thirsty dweeb and every hot guy on the site, and they’re all hitting up the same small pool of attractive women. Can be difficult to stand out. Don’t get discouraged, it’s a numbers game in OLD. And figure out what’s working in your profile and what isn’t.

Start with the photos. The first photo better not be shirtless and if you have a shirtless photo make sure it’s a natural candid or like a group of people at the beach. A posed shirtless is a hard next for most women unless you have an Adonis body. Photos with interesting backgrounds are a huge plus, preferably taken with a very good camera or edited to look like a good camera. Learn the rule of thirds and some basic photo skills and apply them. My old profile had mainly picture of me from my travels through Europe. Women eat that **** up.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:22 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
How else are going to get to know someone if you don’t engage them?

Yeah but I'm saying, I would want to engage from a platonic perspective first, not in a romantic context. I don't understand the concept of "I have no romantic feelings for you, but let's spend time for romantic purposes". To me that's backwards.

Not that my way has ever worked. I'm just explaining why dating makes no sense to me. Like I said, a catch-22...I don't want to do it their way and they don't want to do it mine, so basically I will meet people in platonic circumstances and develop feelings...but they won't want someone who met them in a platonic context to have feelings for them. At least, not me.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:33 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Yeah but I'm saying, I would want to engage from a platonic perspective first, not in a romantic context. I don't understand the concept of "I have no romantic feelings for you, but let's spend time for romantic purposes". To me that's backwards.

Not that my way has ever worked. I'm just explaining why dating makes no sense to me. Like I said, a catch-22...I don't want to do it their way and they don't want to do it mine, so basically I will meet people in platonic circumstances and develop feelings...but they won't want someone who met them in a platonic context to have feelings for them. At least, not me.
Right, like the last woman I met said she felt no "spark" when she met me, but made off like she was into me and agreed to a 2nd date. She got cold feet later and backed out of a confirmed time/date/place date.

But. she said she still wanted to be "friends". At that point, I said not beyond just chatting online on occasion. I didn't want to hang out with her as a buddy, main reason I didn't want to travel an hour to see her and not be able to be intimate with her. Would be just a waste of my time.

She wasn't about spending time together to see if feelings could develop. Her decision was immediate. I had asked her if she would give it another chance to see if feelings would develop as she really liked me as a person, but no soap. She doesn't operate that way.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:35 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
Oh, it did come up, of course. More than that. And I didn't say there were no kids ever.

Problem is, our kid tragically died four years ago. That tends to throw a burning torch into your life.

So, yeah, sorry that you find it hard to believe it took me four years to pull my sh*t together to work on divorce after he tragically died. Let me guess, you're an American, so you don't understand what a grief of such magnitude is, right? That's ok, met lots and lots like you.

And like I said, I am from Europe, we got married in Europe, so I can't get divorced in U.S. even though I live there.
For someone who states he is not american your writing here on C-D is very american...
the lingo...expressions....the whole nine yards...you did not grow up in America?

Anyway, I’m impressed at your “skills”....you never mentioned your looks...
average? above average?....full head of hair? balding? 6’ 2”....or 5’ 8”.....?

You live in Montana ...city about 65,000 ....probably Greatfalls...Billings is bigger than that...

As for that bank teller you chatted up and got a date...maybe she saw your big bank account

Last edited by BMI; 03-23-2019 at 10:12 AM..

Old 03-23-2019, 11:24 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Isn’t OLD for people that can’t or don’t get dates IRL?

I guess if you were getting tons of nibbles and bites IRL what is the point of OLD unless you’re trying to expand the pond that you fish in.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:25 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Isn’t OLD for people that can’t or don’t get dates IRL?

I guess if you were getting tons of nibbles and bites IRL what is the point of OLD unless you’re trying to expand the pond that you fish in.
I recall back in the 90s when professional matchmakers were prevelant, and their main selling point was to people who simply did not have time to get out and socialize. Perhaps they have busy careers or they aren't much of a bar person.

"Are you not a bar person?" or "Hate going to the bars? Then we have an offer for you...here at lovers.com, we can introduce you thousands of potential matches in the same boat!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships