Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:01 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

OP, walking around with your (ex-) gf, glowing with happiness, is different from wandering around on your own, when you're not in a relationship. I'm wondering if your "glow" is still "on", now that you've broken up. Are you still getting those approaches? Are you still as successful with women IRL? Or have you noticed a difference?

I think it's an unrealistic comparison of OLD to when you're on a high with your gf on your arm. Let's get to a more realistic comparison, before we attempt to advise you.

But yes, some women have always reported a tremendous difference between male attention when they're in a happy relationship vs. when they're alone and not in one. When alone, some say they're invisible to men, but on the rare occasion they're with a guy, suddenly they get approaches by other guys. Suddenly, it's like it's become Open Season on them. And they don't have to actually be physically with their guy at the time of the approaches. There seems to be a general happiness vibe, and perhaps that's accompanied by a change in mannerisms or body language, or a more relaxed appearance or a je-ne-sais-quoi, that the opposite sex picks up on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
I'm not quite sure I understand this.

If you're basically beating lovely women off you with sticks, why in the world are you resorting to OLD?

Old 03-09-2019, 12:28 PM

293 posts, read 121,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not quite sure I understand this.

If you're basically beating lovely women off you with sticks, why in the world are you resorting to OLD?
What do you mean "resorting"?

It's a completely fair question

Why do some people have more success with meeting people online?
Why do others have more success with meeting people offline?

Old 03-09-2019, 12:48 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
What do you mean "resorting"?

It's a completely fair question

Why do some people have more success with meeting people online?
Why do others have more success with meeting people offline?
Yes, that's a good question, but I think Clara's was an equally valid question; if he's having such easy success offline, and meets only with frustration online, why bother with online? Why turn to online in the first place, if women throw themselves at him offline? Is it just out of curiosity, to see what else is out there? What's the point?

Still, as you re-stated it, it's certainly a good question for a Relationships & dating forum.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:28 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I agree, if you’re the bee’s knees in person, and you’re attracting beautiful model-like woman (8-10’s) that want to date you, who cares about online. Unless, you’re lying and not doing so great in real life.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:37 PM

293 posts, read 121,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I agree, if you’re the bee’s knees in person, and you’re attracting beautiful model-like woman (8-10’s) that want to date you, who cares about online. Unless, you’re lying and not doing so great in real life.
Or you're not finding the person the you want

Why this idea that online dating is only for people who can't meet people offline?

Old 03-09-2019, 02:45 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
Or you're not finding the person the you want

Why this idea that online dating is only for people who can't meet people offline?
Interesting. I wasn’t looking at it as an additional option for OP either, as he says 100% IRL. 0% OLD. It’s like, hey somethings not working for me, so now that I know, I’ll take time away from the success, and do something that’s not working. INSTEAD of learning from it and doing what works. Unless the end-goal isn’t to find a partner, but to have a successful dating career in all possible areas.

Old 03-09-2019, 03:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
You have been with your wife for 20years and having kids never came up?

Now you’re telling me a couple with no kids is still trying to get a divorce after three years? Really? What’s the hold up?

I don’t know about this whole thing. I think I’m calling B S.

I’m not believing you have a glowing something and 8’s and 9’s are throwing themselves at you and you are separated from a 10.

Mmm hmm.

Old 03-09-2019, 03:08 PM

575 posts, read 339,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
But that was only ONE woman, three years ago, who was 8-9/10. I would never even attempt to approach somebody like her, it was coincidental, we got introduced, and spent 4 hours talking, then full next day and very soon we were both in love and spent over two years together in the constant cycle of breaking up and getting together (a whole different story)

The other two , compared to her, were around 5/10, visually, but external beauty is not really a good thing from practical standpoint, as I quickly found out.

The amount of attention with the first one was ridiculous, she used to get several phone numbers from random strangers on the bus/train all the time.

But, there was a reason, why I was the first guy in her life who stayed longer than 3 days with her. I was desperate enough at the time to agree with sexless relationship, which sounds pretty darn absurd, even now after all these years.

Let's just say I found out the hard way, what it really means if somebody takes more than half a dozen psychiatric medications...

Old 03-09-2019, 03:23 PM

575 posts, read 339,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You have been with your wife for 20years and having kids never came up?

Now you’re telling me a couple with no kids is still trying to get a divorce after three years? Really? What’s the hold up?

I don’t know about this whole thing. I think I’m calling B S.

I’m not believing you have a glowing something and 8’s and 9’s are throwing themselves at you and you are separated from a 10.

Mmm hmm.
Oh, it did come up, of course. More than that. And I didn't say there were no kids ever.

Problem is, our kid tragically died four years ago. That tends to throw a burning torch into your life.

So, yeah, sorry that you find it hard to believe it took me four years to pull my sh*t together to work on divorce after he tragically died. Let me guess, you're an American, so you don't understand what a grief of such magnitude is, right? That's ok, met lots and lots like you.

And like I said, I am from Europe, we got married in Europe, so I can't get divorced in U.S. even though I live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships