Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:45 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How un-American!

I grow fake plants, too. Also planning on growing fake grass. Boy, how nurturing we are! No wonder we only yap about relationships.

There's only one house to entertain and the guy's got a girlfriend. Let's not mess a relationship! Actually, it's quite safe 'cause their shades (the same) are down all the time.

These choices are simple only for guys! Shortly before I was "choosing" my ex-husband, I was looking for a nice watch and did quite a bit of research. I often bitterly joke that if I'd spent on "researching" my ex the amount of time I spent on this watch, I would've been better off...

Exactly my point! That's why I had to know how you dare defect.
^ Ahh, too many quotes. I can't keep up, sierra.

About the fake grass, I cracked up when I saw my sister and her husband lay down the Astroturf (fake grass) in their backyard in AZ. They said it's so their dog can play in it. I guess. I guess it's better than the pebbles most people have in their yards (and they have in their front yard).

C'mon, be a home wrecker w/ that guy. Are you chicken?

I know what you mean about researching too much or little. I get made fun of for researching too much. You learned your lesson about your ex and now I bet you'll research the hell out of your next husband.

I'll defect from here every now and then when I fake having a life.

Now onto my (re)search to find a beautiful woman who wants to marry a less attractive man ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 03:46 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,318 times
Back on the subject of why beautiful women marry less attractive men My interior designer here in Scottsdale is this very beautiful woman named Elena who is about 37 and has an adorable little boy. She has a soon to be live in boyfriend who is....how do I delicately put what we have all been thinking....far far far less attractive than she is. Like she works out and has a killer body but he probably hasn't seen the inside of a gym or a hair brush in years.

Is it possible that she is really that insecure? Every now and then you see one that is insanely humble and not narcissistic at all (as mentioned earlier in this thread) but is it possible she just feels she cannot do any better? It blows me away when I see women in Scottsdale, usually single Mom's, who take phenomenal care of how they look and settle for someone who looks nothing like them. And as much as I would love to buy the theory that the guy "worships her"....I would be far more inclined to believe that he worships how she looks.

And that could be a problem in 10 years.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Guys that are less attractive, plainer in appearance are much better company than men who are very handsome. Handsome men tend to be more superficially charming. I think that plainer people are modest, more down to earth and are more considerate people to be with. They are used to working harder to make friends. Beautiful people tend to think that they are doing you some favor when they give you their attention. They expect people to like them. Yuck.

Then someone who is too good looking and well dressed is too much work to keep company with. I would have to put more effort into how I look so that I don't look too out of place standing next to them. So maybe I'm also being lazy when I don't gravitate towards men and women that are too gorgeous or GQ.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
C'mon, be a home wrecker w/ that guy. Are you chicken?
The girl is Chinese (pretty unusual here) and barely speaks English. I don't think I want the neighbor... I'd imagine he wouldn't want me, either.

Quote:
I know what you mean about researching too much or little. I get made fun of for researching too much. You learned your lesson about your ex and now I bet you'll research the hell out of your next husband.
I've done more than my fair share of damage in this department. There ain't gonna be next, so one topic of research less!

Quote:
I'll defect from here every now and then when I fake having a life.
I knew it!

Quote:
Now onto my (re)search to find a beautiful woman who wants to marry a less attractive man ...
I dunno, buddy... with your laundry list of requirements... like all of us, to be fair.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Guys that are less attractive, plainer in appearance are much better company than men who are very handsome. Handsome men tend to be more superficially charming. I think that plainer people are modest, more down to earth and are more considerate people to be with. They are used to working harder to make friends. Beautiful people tend to think that they are doing you some favor when they give you their attention. They expect people to like them. Yuck.

Then someone who is too good looking and well dressed is too much work to keep company with. I would have to put more effort into how I look so that I don't look too out of place standing next to them. So maybe I'm also being lazy when I don't gravitate towards men and women that are too gorgeous or GQ.
Good thing I am not that handsome!! I hope that I would be less hard work to keep company with.. but then again I dont know.. I could be a pain in the ass too!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Hmm, that's a good point, too! I've the same opinion about going for much younger guys. Well, in addition to other considerations.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Good thing I am not that handsome!! I hope that I would be less hard work to keep company with.. but then again I dont know.. I could be a pain in the ass too!!!
Make up your mind! Ugly AND a pain in the ass just doesn't cut it!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Make up your mind! Ugly AND a pain in the ass just doesn't cut it!
LOL well I wouldnt quite say I am ugly.. but heck I could be a pain in the ass!!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
LOL well I wouldnt quite say I am ugly.. but heck I could be a pain in the ass!!
Can't we all?!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 PM

I am not the best looking dude on the block.. but I am not the ugliest SOB on this planet.. now PITA can always be a call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships