Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 02:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
No it’s not me. It’s been times when I wasn’t paying attention to the tv and she would tap me and be smiling and laughing showing me what’s going on in the show or movie with some woman cheating on her man. When it’s the other way around she would tap me if I’m not paying attention to the tv but she won’t be smiling and laughing
So ... she actually taps you and wants to show you the parts of a show where a woman is cheating on her man? And she's laughing then, but she also taps you to show you when a man is cheating but she's not laughing at that.

This is just one of the weirdest "problems" I've heard in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 02:43 PM

17,725 posts, read 9,187,561 times
OP, it sounds like she's broken. But not so broken that you should have any legitimate concerns of her cheating on you - provided that you treat her well.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:26 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times
Why dont you start laughing when you see the man cheating on the wife?

Old 03-16-2019, 04:08 PM

999 posts, read 553,675 times
When this happens, why don't you just bring it up to her? I'd say something like "How come you called the cheating guy a dog, but when she does it, it's okay?"

I don't get why so many people who come here and post their situation don't seem to talk to their partner about the situation before reaching out to strangers. If you want to know her thoughts on all this stuff, just ask her!

Old 03-16-2019, 09:03 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
The OP's question is legitimate. You can learn a lot about a person based on their reactions. It's pretty clear that her viewpoint differs depending on who is doing the cheating.

I'd guess that at some point a guy cheated on either her or someone close to her - perhaps her mother or a good friend. It affected her, and she has some anger towards men.

OP, I don't think she would cheat on you. I also don't think she condones cheating, but she does seem to get some satisfaction when she sees a woman doing the cheating. I'd say it probably makes her feel a little better about what happened to her (or someone close to her). In her mind, there's been some payback. It doesn't matter that she doesn't know the people on TV or even if it's fictional.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, OP.

Couples that watch TV together, stay together.

Completely different than my take on it. Instead I would liken it to singing in the car to the radio. Most men like to sing along with men's voices and I assume women to women's voice. I believe this is due to being able to imagine one's self as the singer. It is pretty hard for me to sing along with a woman and imagine myself as the singer performing the song. I assume the same with the girlfriend, in that when she see a man cheating it creates doubts about her partner, where when she sees a woman cheating she finds it unrealistic thus humorous.

If she saw herself as a potential cheater, I doubt she would have the humor reaction. I suspect instead defensive mannerisms would appear, unsolicited denials and feigned indignation. Liars are usually easy to spot if you're around them much.

Last edited by miquel_westano; 03-16-2019 at 09:36 PM..

Old 03-16-2019, 09:13 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,863,645 times
Ask her why she has a double standard about it. She probably isn't aware of it. It will give her something to think about.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:03 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I really get the feeling you are watching her (and not the TV) and trying to find something wrong.
Yep.

I was dating this guy who wanted to go to a Muppet movie. I don't particularly enjoy either animation or puppetry. Neither are subtle enough to interest me. But I said I'd go.

He spent the entire movie watching my reactions. He broke it off not long after that, which was fine with me because it's creepy being watched like that.

Using "The Muppets" as a litmus test for a life partner is ridiculous. But what would you expect from a guy who went on to marry a lesbian (she convinced him he was such a he-man that he "turned" her)? Then his "wife" went to Vermont and got married to another woman. Brought that woman home to live with them and dared him to do something about it.

Cut it out, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships