Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:06 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,455,924 times

Advertisements

I'm really surprised by the number of people who say that they are comfortable with their SO using the toilet when they are in same room. You really do learn something new every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 11:11 AM

561 posts, read 324,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Oh lord. I remember when my younger son was little, one time, I was trying to use the bathroom in peace (lol right) and I hear, outside the door, a little voice singing, "boop boop boop...poop poop poop...Mom go poop..." My kid was improvising a poop song to help inspire me.
HAHAHA!

My grandson would stand outside the door "What are you doing in there? Are you pooping? Are you doing ok?" These poor kids just learning think we all need encouragement and checking up on! Bwahahaha

Old 03-20-2019, 11:13 AM

561 posts, read 324,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I'm really surprised by the number of people who say that they are comfortable with their SO using the toilet when they are in same room. You really do learn something new every day.
I'm ok with him having to pee if I'm in there. He has sense enough to use the other bathroom or shoo me out if something real is about to happen!

Old 03-20-2019, 12:01 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Has 0 impact on me, literally none. We’ve been together since high school and seen/experienced everything with each other.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:01 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Well, my wife and I are probably too comfortable. For example, She runs out of TP, I walk in there and had it to her as she sits on the toilet.

That is probably a bit much for many couples.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:59 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
In a couple of our homes, I installed two sets of showerheads and controls, inside the shower. So that each of us could set our own individual water temperatures. But for our retirement home, she did not want twin showers any more. We used to take showers together a lot, not much though this past 20 years.

We both leave the bathroom door open. My Dw will commonly use the toilet when I am showering. But otherwise we use the bathroom separately.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:20 PM

I have been an active member of the Grange for about 10 years. At our local Grange hall
https://www.nationalgrange.org/

Our Grange hall was built in the 1870s. They installed indoor plumbing in the 1950s. Previous to that the members used an outhouse that adjoins to the backside of the building. The outhouse is still there, though it is currently used for storage.

I have been in there trying to organize the stuff, and the outhouse seating has three holes. There are three holes, side-by-side, each with a seat and a lid. And there is one TP hanger. It is a unisex toilet.

So during Grange functions when people needed to use it, they could do so three at a time, side-by-side. And when you needed TP, you might have to ask the person next to you, to hand you some.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:23 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Was raised in a house....one bath. One sink. 7 ppl total.
Hard to have modesty in that scenario.
Come marriage life and hubs and I had a sense of respect in our bathroom time.
Brushing teeth...washing face or shaving didn't apply.
Good gravy it's hygiene care.

To this day I absolutely will not "talk" on the other side of the door when someone is expelling so to speak.

Double sinks....who cares? Other then a family of 7 ..where folks are huddled to get freshened up before school or some event...

I was raised in a family of 7 as well. With one bathroom. When we were young enough, usually us 3 girls took a bath together in the evening, and then my 2 brothers took baths together. My mom didn't have any issue with it, if for someone reason one of us got a wild hair, and wanted to take a bath in the middle of the day. But that didn't happen very often.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:25 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Yeah, and years ago plenty of houses from the post war era only had one bath and some people had lots of children. Things have changed. I’m just happy we don’t have to use a chamber pot or an outhouse.

Speaking of, a neighbor has an old home that still has its outhouse — with four side by side holes!

Old 03-20-2019, 03:43 PM

A very good friend of ours [Jesse] invited us over for Thanksgiving with her family. Before we went, we knew that she lives off-grid. When we got there, she had baked the turkey [and all the sides] in a wood-fired stove. All the water is hauled into the house in buckets from the nearby river [the house overlooks a river]. Up on one wall hangs their washtub, that the entire family uses for weekly bathing. All water is heated on the stove and they take turns bathing. Jesse is raising three daughters and her husband is the town Fire Cheif. They use an outhouse. All this winter, while the river is iced over, she goes out on the ice, to chop a hole so she can fill buckets so her family can have water.

Their eldest daughter is a junior in highschool.

They all seem to truly love that lifestyle.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships