Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 05:37 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,189,705 times

Advertisements

I think right now she is living in a fantasy world where everyone around her is good looking and have no money issues. She wants to be cared for like she was with her dad. Has fantasy of being married with a kid and goes shopping while the nanny takes care of kid. Heck, she wants to produce caretakers for your special needs kid. I doubt she has spent any time taking care of your kid, just a few moments now and then doesn't count for much. Do you expect her to be a full time caretaker for your child? She needs to mature a bit so I would wait before committing. You to are in a fantasy land and are infatuated by her a bit too much for an adult with a special needs child.

Have you met her family? What do they think if your relationship? If she wasn't so pretty would you feel the same? I think you are going to do what you want to do. I see red flags, you do too if you are asking these questions. She does sound a bit controlling and jealous, that in itself would concern me . Have you seen her mad yet? I have a feeling she may have anger issues when she doesn't get her way.

Last edited by Izzie1213; 05-07-2019 at 05:48 PM..

Old 05-07-2019, 05:38 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Everyone is different. Hard to say whether she will "grow out of it" or not.

If she does not, then what will you do? Still be happy cause she's hot?
Well reading the threads there are some differing views. I've summarized them to the 40,000 foot level:

* She's going to move on the next guy she gets (debunked, she wants to get married)
* She was manipulating me to make a commitment because I was noncommittal (I think this one has merit)
* She's simply all over the map (she is I feel sometimes)
* She's a garden variety narcissist (I think this is probably true but a lot of people are, doesn't necessarily disqualify her)
* She's immature, like a girl (I agree but I believe she will mature. She was the baby of a large family and they all spoiled her, so I think this is learned behavior not innate).

Old 05-07-2019, 05:39 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Well reading the threads there are some differing views. I've summarized them to the 40,000 foot level:

* She's going to move on the next guy she gets (debunked, she wants to get married)
* She was manipulating me to make a commitment because I was noncommittal (I think this one has merit)
* She's simply all over the map (she is I feel sometimes)
* She's a garden variety narcissist (I think this is probably true but a lot of people are, doesn't necessarily disqualify her)
* She's immature, like a girl (I agree but I believe she will mature. She was the baby of a large family and they all spoiled her, so I think this is learned behavior not innate).
Dude, you have already made up your mind about sticking it out with her and not listening to any advice.

Good luck.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:

She was the baby of a large family and they all spoiled her, so I think this is learned behavior not innate).
Are you expecting to be the person who helps her "unlearn" this behavior? You realize that won't happen, right?

Old 05-07-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I think right now she is living in a fantasy world where everyone around her is good looking and have no money issues. She wants to be cared for like she was with her dad. Has fantasy of being married with a kid. She needs to mature a bit so I would wait before committing. You to are in a fantasy land and are infatuated by her a bit too much for an adult with a special needs child.

Have you met her family? What do they think if your relationship? If she wasn't so pretty would you feel the same? I think you are going to do what you want to do. I see red flags, you do too if you are asking these questions. She does sound a bit controlling and jealous, that in itself would concern me . Have you seen her mad yet? I have a feeling she may have anger issues when she doesn't get her way.
Wow, this is how I feel with her. She's around so many wonderful people and she makes me believe I'm in a fantasy where I don't have to worry about anything anymore. She "takes me away". Even the way she talks it kind of puts me in a trance. She has these visions for life that captivate me and excite me.

I've met her mom, she came over and her mom likes me. Her mom is very quiet, is almost a backdrop to her presence. She believes her daughter is special and one day will be someone famous. She admired my house and said I was "handsome", a nice compliment from a 60 something lady I guess.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:47 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you expecting to be the person who helps her "unlearn" this behavior? You realize that won't happen, right?
Considering that he accommodates and encourages her behavior, I wonder if he expects to drop yet another burden on their unborn (or god forbid, their unadopted) child and subconsciously believes that he or she will teach their mother how to be an unselfish, caring person rather than just another accessory for her to show off.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 05-07-2019 at 06:01 PM..

Old 05-07-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Considering that he accommodates and encourages her behavior, I wonder if he expects to drop yet another burden on their unborn (or god forbid, their unadopted) child and subconsciously expect him or her to "teach" their mother how to be an unselfish, caring person rather than just another accessory for her to show off.
Ouch, that hurt!

Old 05-07-2019, 06:08 PM

The only way I can describe her is she's like "Giselle" in Enchanted the Movie and I'm like how Patrick Dempsey fell in love with such an idealistic but naive lady.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
The only way I can describe her is she's like "Giselle" in Enchanted the Movie and I'm like how Patrick Dempsey fell in love with such an idealistic but naive lady.
You are seriously in fantasy mode now because Giselle never would have said this crap:

Quote:

She is extremely attractive and used to be able to "get any guy" as she puts it.

She mentioned recently that she's been noticing me looking at other women and I "need to stop". She says my focus needs to be on her at all times or she'll get jealous.

We used to spend the whole weekend together but now she only shows up for lunch, dinner, or sex. It's almost likes she's using me as a meal ticket and self gratification.

Every time I bring up these things she says "There are a thousand men that would die to be with me. You are competing against them. Man up!"

Old 05-07-2019, 06:14 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
Ouch, that hurt!
I didn't mean for my words to be hurtful, but you have admitted that you accommodate as many of her whims as you can to the point that you specially selected a couple on a rather superficial basis to become friends with the two of you. That brings up a host of other questions that you need to ask yourself before procreating with this woman, let alone marrying her.

What if your child (adopted or biological) ends up lacking his or her mother's beauty or simply isn't beautiful according to her standards? What if you have one child who is beautiful and one who is of average looks--what happens if one child ends up being favored over the other because the prettier child gets to belong to the Special Beautiful People Club with Mom and the other does not? It's a hypothetical situation, but it's also one that should give you pause and provide food for thought.

What does your girlfriend do for a day job? If she told you that she needs a roommate to keep her from being tossed into the streets either her father doesn't treat her as much of a princess as you think he does, her art doesn't generate much income, she lives far beyond her means, or she's lying in order to weasel her way into living with you. I'm just curious at this point, but I doubt that you'll answer this question because you've evaded most of the more probing questions that you've been asked.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 05-07-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships