Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 04:53 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times

Advertisements

OP, are you on the spectrum too? Your focus on "angry faces" (rather than understanding the emotions behind them) and your superficiality about this woman made me wonder. If you are neuro-atypical, it might explain why you don't seem to be grasping any of our advice or warnings. Good luck!

Old 05-19-2019, 07:34 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,886,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, are you on the spectrum too? Your focus on "angry faces" (rather than understanding the emotions behind them) and your superficiality about this woman made me wonder. If you are neuro-atypical, it might explain why you don't seem to be grasping any of our advice or warnings. Good luck!
No I'm not.

I'm not focusing on "angry faces", that doesn't bother me, I'm more focusing on lack of emotional self control.

If a woman has to raise her voice, she's not a good fit for me and my son. Not because of me, but because of my son. In other words I'm a proxy for protecting my son from things that will set him off.

I have a very high emotional IQ and can filter through a lot of BS. With my gf it's just hard to be a neutral party because feelings are involved.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:10 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

I have a very high emotional IQ and can filter through a lot of BS. With my gf it's just hard to be a neutral party because feelings are involved.
These two sentences cancel each other out.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:

I have a very high emotional IQ

Old 05-20-2019, 05:41 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

No offense, but everything you've said in this thread really contradicts this.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:28 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Contradiction.

Therefore, no.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:48 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
You have "a very high emotional IQ", but your gut is historically wrong?

Old 05-20-2019, 11:43 AM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,982 times
OK, after reading all 257 posts (it's a slow day and I'm home with a cold, what can I say?), I've come to the conclusion that you two are absolutely perfect for each other.

She's a shallow spoiled egomaniac woman-child with a hot bod and a beautiful face and you're so desperate for people to look at you with perceived "envy" that you're willing to put up with anything she throws at you.

Hey, a marriage made in heaven. Or hell. Either way, you are fulfilling each other's dreams, right?

I suggest that you tell her that you'll marry her but that all your money/estate/holdings will be going to your son. Also, you're going to take out an expensive life insurance policy with your son as the sole beneficiary. I'm sure since she likes your son so much, she won't have any problem with this? And then see how fast she moves on to the next sucker.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
In person, a lot of things are said with a big smile and she likes to tickle me or say some joke or something. In the past when women wanted to hurt me they were verbally combative and had a very angry face, were yelling, or crying. She always has a smile and doesn't show any kind of negative emotion. She's so even keeled, exes wore their emotions on their sleeves so it's hard to know what she's really thinking.
This was the Asperger's giveaway.

OP thinks that women become upset with him for no other reason than to hurt him. And they do it with their "angry faces." His understanding of emotions goes no farther than what he sees; what people show on the surface (big smile, angry face).

There is no self awareness here about what he might have said or done, or even what the women may be upset about. A neurotypical person would lead with the information about what the argument was about, and whether the reason was unfair or justified. They do not focus entirely on the facial expressions and body language displayed in an argument.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:12 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,188,904 times
Op, please don't take this as a put down. But for the sake of you and your son maybe you should employ a good therapist. From the way you spoke about your finances you can afford it. Take this thread with you and show therapist what your thoughts are on this girl. You are not going into this relationship with this girl with eyes wide open. If it was just you involved that's one thing but with your son, who is vulnerable, is a completely different story. Maybe a therapist can help you sort things out. Your not going to get it here. This is entertainment for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships