Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 11:36 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWhiteWeathers View Post
Yeah spending money is one of my criteria about how much a guy is into.
It doesn't to be money it can be time, or anything he doesn't want to do but he can do for me are investments.
May not be right but it's really hard to tell if a man is into you and won't cheat.

But then my dating life is not going well.

I think best foods are not expensive' too!
Its not hard to tell if a man is into you, you just have to be observant. But its work. You have to work to learn what behaviors to recognize when dealing with men and different personalities. If you dont learn this, you'll get fooled every time.
If spending money on you distracts you every time, and you think thats what makes a guy into you, the wrong guy will take advantage of you for as long as you will let him, Its a thing here, its one of the reasons why marriages dont last long. Not to mention, using money spending as a standard to test if a guy is into you is lazy, unless you really dont know.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:40 AM

72 posts, read 37,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It sounds like you have a lot of self-image issues fostered by your mom. It's unfortunate because it can and will affect your happiness throughout your life.

You've really got to resolve the checklist for YOU before you even think about checking off anything in a boyfriend.

Why does your future husband HAVE to be 6 feet +? How tall are you?
I'm 5.7.
I want to wear heels.
It's best to be but can be taller than me will be fine

Old 04-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Its not hard to tell if a man is into you, you just have to be observant. But its work. You have to work to learn what behaviors to recognize when dealing with men and different personalities. If you dont learn this, you'll get fooled every time.
If spending money on you distracts you every time, and you think thats what makes a guy into you, the wrong guy will take advantage of you for as long as you will let him, Its a thing here, its one of the reasons why marriages dont last long. Not to mention, using money spending as a standard to test if a guy is into you is lazy, unless you really dont know.
Thank you for your comment

Old 04-04-2019, 11:45 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
I'm 5.7.
I want to wear heels.
It's best to be but can be taller than me will be fine
You just need to focus on being a good person and not judging people the way your mom did, superficially.

That's a horrible way to be raised because it gives you self-centered and critical tendencies. I'm sorry you went through that because it will take some work to shed that mindset.

Hopefully you will recognize the value of kindness and acceptance over height and "sophistication."

Old 04-04-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
You just need to focus on being a good person and not judging people the way your mom did, superficially.

That's a horrible way to be raised because it gives you self-centered and critical tendencies. I'm sorry you went through that because it will take some work to shed that mindset.
I think so, I'm working on it, pretty hard though...
I was kinda raised if you not being self centered you can't survive. That's really terrible.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:50 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times
Quote:
I think so, I'm working on it, pretty hard though...
I was kinda raised if you not being self centered you can't survive. That's really terrible.
Well it's like anything, if you take it to extremes you will have problems. Some people are the opposite, they do everything for other people and ask nothing, and eventually are full of resentment because no one just volunteered to do things for them (which they never asked for.)

You have to find balance. Especially in a relationship.

Do not always be self centered, but do make sure that your most important needs are met.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:11 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,957,639 times
OP.. pleas take the advice given here with a grain of salt. After you’ve been around a while you will see people giving advice on how to navigate relationships one day after posting questions on navigating some stupid **** in their own.... the day before.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:37 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
It sounds like you have a lot of self-image issues fostered by your mom. It's unfortunate because it can and will affect your happiness throughout your life.

You've really got to resolve the checklist for YOU before you even think about checking off anything in a boyfriend.

Why does your future husband HAVE to be 6 feet +? How tall are you?
I agree with this. I also relate to it, just in a different way. My mother was very critical, which led to self esteem issues and an overall feeling of not being "good enough". Controlling mothers (mine was also) are the worst! I wouldn't say you have to resolve everything, but at least make some progress. Its a life long journey to grow to be who you're capable of. Some of us just start at a disadvantage and have to work harder at it. It is what it is.

Glad you resolved the 6')+ issue. I'm exactly 6'0", but I feel bad for men who are shorter, given this seems to be a consistent female requirement, at least with online dating.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:24 PM

999 posts, read 553,474 times
Don't worry about what others think. Most people will tell anyone with a long list of standards that they're asking too much.

Just know what you want and what you're willing to compromise. If this is what you want, and you're not willing to compromise any of it, then don't. It doesn't sound like you're asking for that much. The only thing I see that I think is kind of intense is expecting him to make that much money. I don't know anyone who makes that much.

But that said, this is your life, and if that's what you want, I don't think you should settle for less.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 PM

999 posts, read 553,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Glad you resolved the 6')+ issue. I'm exactly 6'0", but I feel bad for men who are shorter, given this seems to be a consistent female requirement, at least with online dating.
I don't get it, personally. To each their own, but it seems like such a pointless limitation.

For the record, the best sex I've ever had was with a dude who was a couple inches shorter than me.

Part of me doesn't care that other women have this standard because I just think of all the cute shorter guys who will be available for ME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships