Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:36 PM

148 posts, read 875,414 times

Advertisements

I'm a university student and I've had an eye on a girl in one of my classes since mid-semester. I have found myself chatting with her on many occasions during class late in the semester. The semester is now done and I'll have one last opportunity to see her at the exam next week at which point I would like to ask her out on a date.

Where is a good place to go on a first date for someone in my situation?

I was thinking of just going for a walk in our downtown area and perhaps try out a nice dessert & coffee shop in the market area? Is this a good idea?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,042,712 times
One idea is to just get one right there on the spot. Introduce yourself and if she's not in a hurry chat her up and try to get her to go for a coffea or a soda on campus. If she's in a hurry ask if you could walk her to her car or whatever. Find out a little about her and then ask her if she'd like to do something that you think both of you would enjoy.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,024,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocuri View Post
I was thinking of just going for a walk in our downtown area and perhaps try out a nice dessert & coffee shop in the market area? Is this a good idea?
I find the idea wonderful, but I'm not a good sourse of info!

Seems like it has to be a fancy restaurant.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,615,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
One idea is to just get one right there on the spot. Introduce yourself and if she's not in a hurry chat her up and try to get her to go for a coffea or a soda on campus. If she's in a hurry ask if you could walk her to her car or whatever. Find out a little about her and then ask her if she'd like to do something that you think both of you would enjoy.
This sounds good. Find out what kind of food she likes, and ask her if she would like to go out to dinner with you sometime? It doesn`t have to be anything fancy, or expensive for the first date.
Maybe meet at the local park somewhere for conversation, since the weather is warming up, or an ice cream or something.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 PM

269 posts, read 810,447 times
I live by the beach... So anything like movies, dinner, etc... then heading to the beach afterwards to talk, walk, look at the waves and the stars... And whatever else you want to do. I don't know if there's a beach by you, but that's always the #1 romance spot in CA... Pitch a blanket and sit and talk all night.

Well, that's me though. I LOVE the beach at night!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,208,036 times
Take a tip from another thread, and just say "Wanna f**k?" It seems to have worked for some people.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Take a tip from another thread, and just say "Wanna f**k?" It seems to have worked for some people.
I don`t think thats a very good idea.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,775,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocuri View Post
YES! Go with this idea

Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM

Yes...it is.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM

820 posts, read 2,863,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slove1106 View Post
I live by the beach... So anything like movies, dinner, etc... then heading to the beach afterwards to talk, walk, look at the waves and the stars... And whatever else you want to do. I don't know if there's a beach by you, but that's always the #1 romance spot in CA... Pitch a blanket and sit and talk all night.

Well, that's me though. I LOVE the beach at night!
This has always been a fantasy date of mine! I think it would be so romantic... so I'll vote for this one. Gives a great opportunity to truly talk and get to know someone too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships