Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 08:23 PM

25 posts, read 18,503 times

Advertisements

So i had originally posted here

My ex said she missed me?

Basically my ex contacted me after she found out i was talking to a friend of hers and congratulated me. After a long conversation she brought up about hanging out with me. i agreed and then asked why and she said it was because she missed me.

We already have agreed to meetup but recently i found out she started talking to some other guy and im extremely confused as what to do. A lot of you guys said to be careful and i agree but now i feel completely manipulated. I feel like i should just ignore her and cancel to meetup but i will only be acting out of frustration. What should i do from here on out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 08:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieele View Post

Basically my ex contacted me after she found out i was talking to a friend of hers and congratulated me. After a long conversation she brought up about hanging out with me. i agreed and then asked why and she said it was because she missed me.

We already have agreed to meetup but recently i found out she started talking to some other guy and im extremely confused as what to do. A lot of you guys said to be careful and i agree but now i feel completely manipulated. I feel like i should just ignore her and cancel to meetup but i will only be acting out of frustration. What should i do from here on out?
Exes are usually "ex" for a reason.

Yes, cancel, and just say you've had second thoughts and don't think it's a good idea to meet up.

Reread this thread for inspiration.

She broke up with me but still want to be friends

Old 04-10-2019, 08:27 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
1 thread is sufficient.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:28 PM

25 posts, read 18,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
1 thread is sufficient.
sorry... how do i add to it?

Old 04-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
sorry... how do i add to it?
What is there to add?

You already have second thoughts because you KNOW she is manipulating and using you, and most people here have told you to move on from her.

Just stand up for yourself and tell her thanks but no thanks.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:34 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:

Cancel the meeting and move on.
You're obsessed with her for so many months now - nothing good came out of it.
Also, stop creating threads about her. You were advised what to do, but you don't listen.
It's enough now.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:01 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
x's as friends don't usually work out..

it's like re-heating left-overs not as good as first time around and you can easily get food poisoning...

Old 04-13-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
it's like re-heating left-overs not as good as first time around and you can easily get food poisoning...
hahahaha that's a perfect analogy!

Old 04-13-2019, 09:46 AM

165 posts, read 122,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
x's as friends don't usually work out..

Hahahaha. Excellent analogy. I'm sorry but I might steal that But yes, I agree. Exes as friends doesn't work most of the time. Sometimes it does and it depends on the relationship you had with them and how you ended it. Sometimes the relationship runs its course and both sides mutually agree it's best to end and stay platonic, but it's rare. My best friend and I were in a serious relationship and it didn't work out. But we went to high school together and were close then before we entered the relationship. The breakup was rough and we didn't talk for years and eventually (long story short) we reconnected. Honestly it's the best friendship I have. We help each other with our relationships, visit each other and hang. It's strictly platonic now and it's great. But this is the exception to the rule and is extremely rare.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:56 PM

6,865 posts, read 4,860,189 times
Why waste your time? Stop being confused. My crystal ball says......... Look towards your future and not your oast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships