U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,712 times

Advertisements

I'll try to be straight forward. I've been talking to a girl from England in a long distance relationship. She's great, love her personality and I know she likes me back. Trouble is....I found a picture of her with no makeup, and it wasn't a selfie or photoshopped. Out of all her pictures it's the only one I don't like. I'm just confused how she can look like a 10 in selfies but a 5 in that pic? Am I seeing reality or is it just 1 bad pic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 10:52 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,004,944 times
You've never met this human being - reality may be FAR from what you've currently experienced via filtered, edited, photographs.

I had a friend who was online dating, and he mentioned that he kept meeting women who were heavier than he expected them to be. I asked him "in their photos, were they "looking up" at the camera? He said "yea" and i'm like "yea, photography trick. Look up, you have no double chin, it hides much of your body behind your head and shoulders, basically perfect for giving you the "face you want" instead of the face you have". Dunno what to say, as I've done long distance relationships, but only w/ people I knew from the first person, in the flesh, life.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:20 PM

955 posts, read 226,046 times
In order to take any relationship seriously...or know if you would be attracted in real life or not, you need to meet in real life. The internet can be a good tool to meet someone but if things are going well, don't keep it there........or you may just be wasting your time. You aren't really in a relationship if you haven't spent any real time together.....

Old 04-11-2019, 11:37 PM

681 posts, read 236,629 times
Might've just been a crap shot , light and bs.
Get more of her without make up , how , well l dunno get creative.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,712 times
I appreciate the feedback. It did cross my mind to ask for pics but I don't want to make her uncomfortable. I do want to meet but I'd hate to go 5000 miles to meet someone I'm not attracted to. Yikes!

Old 04-12-2019, 12:44 AM

14,789 posts, read 12,249,791 times
You both never asked for each other’s pic’s and you call her your girlfriend?

Old 04-12-2019, 01:08 AM

7,139 posts, read 2,931,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDrizzle View Post
I'll try to be straight forward. I've been talking to a girl from England in a long distance relationship. She's great, love her personality and I know she likes me back. Trouble is....I found a picture of her with no makeup, and it wasn't a selfie or photoshopped. Out of all her pictures it's the only one I don't like. I'm just confused how she can look like a 10 in selfies but a 5 in that pic? Am I seeing reality or is it just 1 bad pic?
So you start this off extolling her virtues but once the picture comes up it all falls apart because she isn't a natural 10? Got it. Be honest with yourself. Her looks matter to you more than who she is, but who's to say she wasn't telling you what you wanted to hear as well as looking it? You don't know this girl in reality at all. Take a wild guess why the picture doesn't add up. She's careful not to get caught unprepared. Neither side is being very genuine.

I do think there can be true friendships created online and without meeting in person but so much of it comes down to motive. What do both parties want or expect out of it? Flattery? Bragging rights? Ego stroking? Money? Promises? A green card? What?

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-12-2019 at 02:04 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 03:46 AM

43,282 posts, read 41,861,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDrizzle View Post
I appreciate the feedback. It did cross my mind to ask for pics but I don't want to make her uncomfortable. I do want to meet but I'd hate to go 5000 miles to meet someone I'm not attracted to. Yikes!
Then stop wasting time and limit your search to driving distance.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:50 AM

33,896 posts, read 42,133,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Then stop wasting time and limit your search to driving distance.
Or where public transit runs.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:19 AM

12,344 posts, read 13,579,358 times
https://youtu.be/Qc98iODPE2U
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or