Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 07:17 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Get him something he can put on a keychain. I suggest a decent single AA LED flashilight (Fenix makes several good AA and AAA batttery ones - check out Flashlight Reviews and LED Modifications), a USB stick with a cap he can't lose, or a decent keychain multitool, like a Leatherman Micra.

Yep, there's an ulterior motive. How many men use their keychain every day? Every time he uses it, he'll think of you. If it ever comes in handy (Trust me, it will) he'll think of how thoughtful you are.

And, just in case you ever break up...it will be such a useful tool, it will be hard for him to throw it away...and that's just funny...because he'll think of you...

Again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times
Man, if I ever got that as a gift for my husband, he would not like it. Is this some sort of strange spam?

Lame.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Man, if I ever got that as a gift for my husband, he would not like it. Is this some sort of strange spam?

Lame.
I will never post anything again. Thanks for the attack.

Edit. Nevermind, I read some of your other posts. I understand why you said that, now. No worries.
It's not spam, Me Dear, it is the sharing of an idea. It's ....sharing an idea on a foum....Gee..how quaint.
And how easily you were offended. Hate to be your husband. Must be like walking on eggshells.

Last edited by 70Ford; 04-11-2008 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: I read some of her other posts. I understand why she said it would be lame for him, now.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:09 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,578 times
Thumbs up On that note...

Just throw out all his old torn boxers and buy him a new set of high quality brand name boxer-briefs, that way when you break up, everytime he has to access his junk he'll think of you. Or you could just wake him up once in a while with a super-great bj, and he'll wish every g/f afterwards did that. I guess if you are looking for a 'post-breakup' memory item, the relationship probably doesn't have much chance in the first place..

Old 04-12-2008, 03:14 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post

Lame.
Are you joking about the spam part? If so, I dont' get it.
What does this post have to do with spam?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Are you joking about the spam part? If so, I dont' get it.
What does this post have to do with spam?
Not a joke, and I did not mean it to come off as harsh. But I just think that is is close to spam (or what I consider spam - just starting a thread which initially appeared to me as advertising for a specific product)

It is possible that the OP had pure intentions, but the way it read to me is that the OP was advertising a specific product.

It is also entirely possible that I am just being cranky, but I am also entitled to my opinion.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:29 PM

If it was spam...it would've been smarter to have a link to a product. Or more stupid as the case may be. I'd look at the rep, first of all. A spammer would have a rep of 10 and probably a post count of 1, 2...something like that.

Then I'd click on the name and see "other posts" - much like I did to yours...and read them. Like I read how your husband proposed to you...and you had to ask him "was that a proposal?". I'd see what the person was all about, before flinging an accusation.

But, that's neither here nor there. Accusation was flung. Big deal.
I love my leatherman. I thought it was a thoughtful gift from my wife. But, to each his own. You stated your husband wouldn't like it. What does he like? Maybe I can suggest that to my wife.

It was more of a topic to discuss gifts people gave. Perhaps I (or someone else) would've gotten an idea. I apologize for being too specific...but if you look at my other posts, I don't spam. This post was no different. (At least to me.)

It's not spam....hrmmm..tastes like chicken. HA HA HA!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Like I read how your husband proposed to you...and you had to ask him "was that a proposal?". I'd see what the person was all about, before flinging an accusation.
I know it is not what other people would consider proper, but I did and still do think it was funny. We still laugh about it now. lol. It suited both of our personalities, because big productions embarrass me.

Quote:
I love my leatherman. I thought it was a thoughtful gift from my wife. But, to each his own. You stated your husband wouldn't like it. What does he like? Maybe I can suggest that to my wife.
I usually get him gifts related to things a) that he enjoys doing, b) something that we can do together. In the past I have given him little accessories for skiing (gloves, wax, tools for home repair, etc), or for his bike. I also have given tickets for a sporting event as a special treat - and get the good seats.

Quote:
It was more of a topic to discuss gifts people gave. Perhaps I (or someone else) would've gotten an idea. I apologize for being too specific...but if you look at my other posts, I don't spam. This post was no different. (At least to me.)

It's not spam....hrmmm..tastes like chicken. HA HA HA!
Absolutely no need to apologize. I don't mean to offend. Mmmmm, chicken -- speaking of which, maybe I will make my chicken in thai peanut sauce tonight -- getting hungry!

Old 04-12-2008, 07:53 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
I'd rather have a tactical flashlight that could be mounted to a pistol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships