Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 07:01 AM

145 posts, read 69,746 times

Advertisements

Is It Time For Nexting???
I met a man 10 days ago, through online dating, we had a first date and everything was great, we said to meet again before i.went on a short holiday.

I texted him on the day of the date for good morning ànd we said to meet at 8 pm . Then around afternoon i found that this place that i had chosen to go unfortunately was closed today and if we could go somewhere else.

He answered that he got stuck on a job and said sorry he couldn't be there at the agreed time and hopefully i would let him take me out after my holiday or today.

I told him that if he doesnt want to meet that night, that's fine and he said he was looking forward to this.

He did apologise many times and said he wants to make it up to me, take me out after i am back and give me a neck massage .

He said he feels bad and i said that these things happen sometimes so no need to worry.

Throughout my holiday we have been texting, amd he mentioned many times to hopefully meet soon when i am back.

I told him i will be back from holiday today when he texted me in the morning and he said that he thought i would stay longer, asked him if he was working and said he took 5 days off because his dad is in the hospital and said to speak when im back.

Of course i said that i hope its nothing serious and also that i hope he is ok.

For the background, he is a single dad, he told me he is 8 months single and his last relationship was with the mother of his kids with who was engaged. He also told me that he is in reality two yrs over with her.

Also for the second date he texted me one day prior to confirm if we are still on.

Im not sure to be honest if the guy wants to meet me or stringing me along for whatever reason. The other question is, is he really as single as he says?

This is from online so its a bit difficult to trust 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 07:09 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Do nothing, just wait for him to respond with a new date for the date. If he does - good. If he doesn't then you will get your answers.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:12 AM

But i didnt ask him out. Tbh i dunno really how to act now text or not text as i dunno even if he wants to go out with me at this point.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:12 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Do nothing, just wait for him to respond with a new date for the date. If he does - good. If he doesn't then you will get your answers.

One suggested change to this. Don't do nothing, exactly. Keep moving forward and meeting people. Don't get invested in people you've only met a couple of times. Keep putting yourself out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi3445 View Post
But i didnt ask him out. Tbh i dunno really how to act now text or not text as i dunno even if he wants to go out with me at this point.
So just keep living your life. If he really wants to go out again, he'll ask to make concrete plans. You're thinking about this too much.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:15 AM

In one text while we were exchanging texts over the holidays, i said i am looking forward to seeing him and he said "Are you now? That is good to know" with a kissing emoji.
So i guess you are right at this point i wont do anything

Old 04-24-2019, 09:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
So is this the guy who you thought was saying the same things as another guy? Did you figure that out?

Just keep doing your thing and let him come to you. He has turned you down twice now, so it's on him to re-initiate if he really wants to.

I agree that you should keep dating other guys.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:41 AM

I didnt ask him out. He texted me yesterday to ask me about my holiday and i said that i was coming back that day.

He told me that he thought i would stay longer

Then he said about his dad in hospital and that we will talk when im back and i said i hope he is ok and stuff.

He didnt say anything about meeting again, although during my holiday he said during his texts without me asking him: hopefully we meet soon.

I dunno if he was just trying to be nice tbf.

At this point i dunno how to act or if i should text him etc as i cant figure if he really wants to meet with me or not???

Old 04-24-2019, 09:44 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I was wondering if 'nexting' was some new thing. Maybe more than texting but less than 'sexting'

Old 04-24-2019, 09:44 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi3445 View Post
I didnt ask him out. He texted me yesterday to ask me about my holiday and i said that i was coming back that day.

He told me that he thought i would stay longer

Then he said about his dad in hospital and that we will talk when im back and i said i hope he is ok and stuff.

He didnt say anything about meeting again, although during my holiday he said during his texts without me asking him: hopefully we meet soon.

I dunno if he was just trying to be nice tbf.

At this point i dunno how to act or if i should text him etc as i cant figure if he really wants to meet with me or not???
Ok so you didn't ask him out. But he was clearly fending you off, or making a pre-emptive excuse so you would know that no invitation was pending.

How to act?

Like I said, don't do anything. Date other guys, and see if this guy puts up or shuts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I was wondering if 'nexting' was some new thing. Maybe more than texting but less than 'sexting'
Moving on, stemming from "Thank you . .. next!"

Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Haha no nexting means giving someone the next exit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships