Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 10:03 AM

108 posts, read 73,123 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, so I am in a long distance relationship with this beautiful woman from the Philippines. We met online and haven't seen each other in person yet. It is close to a year and the time zone difference between me and her is becoming increasingly more difficult. Let me put down a few facts:

1. When she is sleeping I am awake; so literally right in the middle of my day.

2. When she wakes up (around 2PM) she has to go to work and we talk on her way to work.

3. She doesn't get home until around 3AM

So this happens 5-6 days a week. I have to wake up very early in the morning in order to see her and she only has about 2-3 hours waking time before needing to go to sleep again. This time difference has proven challenging for sure and I think what is most hardest about it is the fact that I want her the most in the middle of the night.

There is literally nothing else wrong, it's just this time difference is making things hard. Any advice?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-15-2019 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: Second thread on same topic merged with this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Other than you don’t know if this is even who she says she is.

Let me guess... you love her.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:13 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapeAritst View Post
Hello everyone, so I am in a long distance relationship with this beautiful woman from the Philippines. We met online and haven't seen each other in person yet. It is close to a year and the time zone difference between me and her is becoming increasingly more difficult. Let me put down a few facts:

2. When she wakes up (around 2PM) she has to go to work and we talk on her way to work.

So this happens 5-6 days a week. I have to wake up very early in the morning in order to see her and she only has about 2-3 hours waking time before needing to go to sleep again. This time difference has proven challenging for sure and I think what is most hardest about it is the fact that I want her the most in the middle of the night.

There is literally nothing else wrong, it's just this time difference is making things hard. Any advice?
Either get over there and confirm that she is who she says she is, and make plans to be in the same place for a prolonged period, or move on to someone else.

The situation will continue to be hard as long as you two are pen pals.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:14 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
That isn't a long-distance relationship; it is an online relationship. If it's been a year and you haven't made arrangements to meet, what is the point? You are pen-pals via internet.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:19 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:

Do y'all skype?

Old 05-03-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Do y'all skype?
Yeah, we Skype a lot. So I know she is who she says she really is. Sometimes I find it really difficult to wake up that early in the morning. The daytime is really active and the only real free time I get alone is at night around 10PM. Before we met I used to stay up until around 2 in the morning and I still have a tendency to want to do that.

I can't go see her (even though I really want to), is because I am still trying to build a career.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:

I can't go see her (even though I really want to), is because I am still trying to build a career.
So why are you even talking to her?

Old 05-03-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So why are you even talking to her?
I may not have the ability to go see her but she has the ability to see me. She is working on her visa requirements, which is not going particularly fast considering her job and among other things going on in her life. She says it is a for sure thing that she is going to come see me. She has been to other countries since we been together but the U.S has the tightest visa requirements of any country.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I may not have the ability to go see her but she has the ability to see me. She is working on her visa requirements, which is not going particularly fast considering her job and among other things going on in her life. She says it is a for sure thing that she is going to come see me. She has been to other countries since we been together but the U.S has the tightest visa requirements of any country.
Then tell her to let you know when she's coming and date someone in your own town?

Old 05-03-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Then tell her to let you know when she's coming and date someone in your own town?
Wait, are you saying that I should tell her "Hey, ummm, when you get that visa straighten out let me know. Until then I am going to be seeing other women." this makes zero sense and I would absolutely not see other women as long as I am with her. Even if I am not physically with her, seeing other people (online or not) is still cheating in my opinion.

She would never go for that anyways, she gets jealous if I even mention about being in an area where there can be other women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships