U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:03 AM
 
95 posts, read 36,902 times
Reputation: 96

Advertisements

Hello everyone, so I am in a long distance relationship with this beautiful woman from the Philippines. We met online and haven't seen each other in person yet. It is close to a year and the time zone difference between me and her is becoming increasingly more difficult. Let me put down a few facts:

1. When she is sleeping I am awake; so literally right in the middle of my day.

2. When she wakes up (around 2PM) she has to go to work and we talk on her way to work.

3. She doesn't get home until around 3AM

So this happens 5-6 days a week. I have to wake up very early in the morning in order to see her and she only has about 2-3 hours waking time before needing to go to sleep again. This time difference has proven challenging for sure and I think what is most hardest about it is the fact that I want her the most in the middle of the night.

There is literally nothing else wrong, it's just this time difference is making things hard. Any advice?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-15-2019 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: Second thread on same topic merged with this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM
 
12,391 posts, read 13,693,348 times
Reputation: 14451
Other than you don’t know if this is even who she says she is.

Let me guess... you love her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,841 posts, read 42,466,196 times
Reputation: 84632
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapeAritst View Post
Hello everyone, so I am in a long distance relationship with this beautiful woman from the Philippines. We met online and haven't seen each other in person yet. It is close to a year and the time zone difference between me and her is becoming increasingly more difficult. Let me put down a few facts:

1. When she is sleeping I am awake; so literally right in the middle of my day.

2. When she wakes up (around 2PM) she has to go to work and we talk on her way to work.

3. She doesn't get home until around 3AM

So this happens 5-6 days a week. I have to wake up very early in the morning in order to see her and she only has about 2-3 hours waking time before needing to go to sleep again. This time difference has proven challenging for sure and I think what is most hardest about it is the fact that I want her the most in the middle of the night.

There is literally nothing else wrong, it's just this time difference is making things hard. Any advice?
Either get over there and confirm that she is who she says she is, and make plans to be in the same place for a prolonged period, or move on to someone else.

The situation will continue to be hard as long as you two are pen pals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:14 AM
 
Location: southwest TN
8,233 posts, read 15,032,505 times
Reputation: 15012
That isn't a long-distance relationship; it is an online relationship. If it's been a year and you haven't made arrangements to meet, what is the point? You are pen-pals via internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:19 AM
 
6,985 posts, read 2,519,656 times
Reputation: 16020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapeAritst View Post
Hello everyone, so I am in a long distance relationship with this beautiful woman from the Philippines. We met online and haven't seen each other in person yet. It is close to a year and the time zone difference between me and her is becoming increasingly more difficult. Let me put down a few facts:

1. When she is sleeping I am awake; so literally right in the middle of my day.

2. When she wakes up (around 2PM) she has to go to work and we talk on her way to work.

3. She doesn't get home until around 3AM

So this happens 5-6 days a week. I have to wake up very early in the morning in order to see her and she only has about 2-3 hours waking time before needing to go to sleep again. This time difference has proven challenging for sure and I think what is most hardest about it is the fact that I want her the most in the middle of the night.

There is literally nothing else wrong, it's just this time difference is making things hard. Any advice?

Do y'all skype?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:35 AM
 
95 posts, read 36,902 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Do y'all skype?
Yeah, we Skype a lot. So I know she is who she says she really is. Sometimes I find it really difficult to wake up that early in the morning. The daytime is really active and the only real free time I get alone is at night around 10PM. Before we met I used to stay up until around 2 in the morning and I still have a tendency to want to do that.

I can't go see her (even though I really want to), is because I am still trying to build a career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,841 posts, read 42,466,196 times
Reputation: 84632
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapeAritst View Post

I can't go see her (even though I really want to), is because I am still trying to build a career.
So why are you even talking to her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 10:56 AM
 
95 posts, read 36,902 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So why are you even talking to her?
I may not have the ability to go see her but she has the ability to see me. She is working on her visa requirements, which is not going particularly fast considering her job and among other things going on in her life. She says it is a for sure thing that she is going to come see me. She has been to other countries since we been together but the U.S has the tightest visa requirements of any country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,841 posts, read 42,466,196 times
Reputation: 84632
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapeAritst View Post
I may not have the ability to go see her but she has the ability to see me. She is working on her visa requirements, which is not going particularly fast considering her job and among other things going on in her life. She says it is a for sure thing that she is going to come see me. She has been to other countries since we been together but the U.S has the tightest visa requirements of any country.
Then tell her to let you know when she's coming and date someone in your own town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 11:23 AM
 
95 posts, read 36,902 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Then tell her to let you know when she's coming and date someone in your own town?
Wait, are you saying that I should tell her "Hey, ummm, when you get that visa straighten out let me know. Until then I am going to be seeing other women." this makes zero sense and I would absolutely not see other women as long as I am with her. Even if I am not physically with her, seeing other people (online or not) is still cheating in my opinion.

She would never go for that anyways, she gets jealous if I even mention about being in an area where there can be other women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top