Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 01:24 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...8159%3Famp%3D1

Quote:
“I have zero—this sounds weird—but like male attention. So then I begin to internalize it and I’m like, ‘Is something wrong with me?’” she continued. “I don’t want it, but it would be nice to know that like someone’s looking.”
On one arm, I can understand where she is coming from. It is nice to feel wanted even if you don’t want the wanters.

But on the other arm, you have a good dude who, cautiously I say, probably ain’t gonna sleep around on you. You really should not be seeking or even worried about attention from other men.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:31 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
I never really cared for her. But I think that is a bit strange. Does she not realize she's married and who she's married to? I think some people in serious relationships/marriages forget there is a boundary between them and the opposite sex. I don't know...just seems a bit odd to me. I imagine she may feel this way because she's probably not getting enough attention from her husband, due to his career.

Last edited by Auraliea; 05-07-2019 at 02:34 PM..

Old 05-07-2019, 01:52 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInk0222 View Post
Because it’s the truth. 1)Caucasians are the most desired on both sides and 2)While she’s slimmer than she was, heavier women are less attractive than their slimmer counterparts. Compared to most other SO’s, shes meh. And her insecurity is going to be the reason Steph eventually leaves her. And to say all this when the Warriors are struggling to knock off the Rockets and Steph playing subpar?
Not a relationship issue.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:02 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
So she's complaining in comparison to the interest her husband gets, it sounds like?

And obviously Steph is gonna get attention. Does she really think men are gonna come up to her and fawn over her ? I'm trying to understand the complaint and extract it from the context, but I don't think you can separate it because the bottom line is that Steph has money and talent, and that's why women are hitting on him.

Meanwhile, she's the spouse of a person with money and talent, and while she may have talent and resources of her own, I don't think that's why men would be hitting on her.

I honestly think she's just feeling cold in his shadow. I don't think this is as much about attraction as it is about envy and jealousy.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:06 PM

6,558 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
“I have zero—this sounds weird—but like male attention. So then I begin to internalize it and I’m like, ‘Is something wrong with me?’” she continued. “I don’t want it, but it would be nice to know that like someone’s looking.”
Context matters. That quote is said as a comparison to herself not having any men throwing themselves at her versus the bevy of beautiful women that throw themselves at Steph.

Here's a follow up quote: "On top of dealing with the constant attention surrounding her husband, Ayesha Curry admitted to struggling with her own self-confidence from often feeling overlooked. “Something that really bothers me and honestly has given me a little bit of a sense of insecurity is the fact that yea, there are like all these women throwing themselves [at him], but me, the past 10 years, I don’t have any of that,” she said."

So it's not a insecurity as a result of lack of male attention. It's an insecurity as a result of the amount of attention her husband receives from many other attractive women.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:17 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I do, however, think the OP has merit. Lots of people feel less than appreciated in LTRs, sometimes because they're unappreciated and sometimes because they're dealing with an internal issue that makes them needy. Whichever the case may be, that then becomes a relationship issue real quick. Maybe that's not her issue at all, but something has her musing out loud about not getting and therefore missing something she claims not to want, which is also interesting

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-08-2019 at 09:41 AM..

Old 05-07-2019, 03:12 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
If it helps Ayesha any, my SO appreciated both her looks and her cooking when we watched her show.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:15 PM

160 posts, read 125,678 times
Quote:

So let's see here. As a male it's my job to determine:

1. If I should look at you

2. When you want me to look at you.

3. How I should look at you.

4. For how long to look at you.

5. How you will react if I look at you.

6. What kind of problem I could cause myself if I look at you.

7. At what point is my look is appreciated.

8. At what point I make your creepy list.

9. At what point you tell others some guy is looking at you

I could go on but I'll keep it brief here.

No thanks. Only way to win this game for a man, is to not play at all.
You will have to go right on wondering why so many men , including this one, don't look at you anymore.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:42 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInk0222 View Post
All women get male attention to some extent. What she’s saying is “I get no male attention from men I’m attracted to”. .
This. ^^^^^^

Really though, who cares what this chick says or thinks? She's just some NBA wife. Thats all.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:09 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
I get what she's saying.

My DH isn't a celebrity nor a millionaire, but he does get interested women approaching him, even when they know he's married. I've never had a situation where a guy shows interest and approach, knowing that I'm married. So in that sense, it's almost the same situation. How she describes her husband's personality sounds a lot like mine, very outgoing, personable and talkative. The big difference is my husband does get aware when a woman is crossing that line and push back by making his boundaries clear.

I think in her case, it might be that she's still a bit... Young/immature. She shouldn't let it affect her self esteem like that, especially if she trusts her husband. There was an article that talked about Ayesha Curry and get comments, speculating it's the "invisible woman syndrome". I don't really know if it's that. I could understand her being annoyed about how frequently these women throwing themselves at get husband, but unfortunately it comes with the territory of being rich and famous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships