Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 09:34 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times

Advertisements

This one is a little tough.

On one hand, you probably shouldn't be an "all eggs in one basket" person and not "project" bad experience from past relationship onto current one.

But on the other hand, he doesn't seem to at least try to be sensitive to your needs. If he doesn't want to stop texting his friends so much, he could at least increase communications with you--as some kind of gesture or signal that he recognizes and cares about your concern.

This may be one of those instances where two seemingly decent people just aren't that compatible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 10:22 AM

1,774 posts, read 1,190,724 times
Hi Numbazara --

I would not remain in a relationship waiting 2 years with no marriage proposal. But I grew up in a situation where my parents were married to each other, as were our neighbors, relatives, friends, and business associates.

It sounds like this man may not be faithful, especially associating with women sending naked pictures of themselves to him.

It depends on what you are looking for in terms of lifestyle, I guess. Good luck to you.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:00 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Here we go again w/ OPs not returning to their own threads! I hope the OP returns to let us know what she thinks.

The stats show she was last on this board ON the ay she started this thread, right before post #18.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:46 PM

7 posts, read 2,018 times
Hi guys,

It happened again. Right after telling him only a couple of days ago I didn't like it when he texted 'befriended' other girls. Well actually i didnt say that exactly. I pointed out to him all his girlfriends were attractive and him befriending them was something I 'guess' I was going to need to accept. I'd already told him it made me feel uncomfortable but nothing has changed. Well.. he ignored this and now he's mentioning this girl again on social media.

Ive realised that my feelings are being ignored ( maybe not intentionally) but they are. Yet telling him has done nothing.
I got the initial reassurance I needed "no you don't have to worry about xxx. I wouldn't be planning a future with you if I didn't love You"... When it continued it turned to 'you're thinking too much into this" And then it became to just ignoring me. I told him again two days ago and he's back mentioning her on social

He's suggested before that i bring up a trivial topics. I told him something was bothering me and he said 'if it's trivial I'm going to get a little ticked off".
I don't feel I can tell him anymore.

Is this really trivial? Am i over thinking this? Am i juat insecure and crazy? What happens if (fast forward) 10 years I have a kid with him... I'm exhausted and have probably let myself go. I feel too tired for romantic conversations or sex. and yet he's still talking with other ladies behind my back.

I had a moment this morning where I thought "I can't do this" . I don't even feel like I can bring the topic up again. We're going travelling tomorrow together and I don't want to ruin the holiday so I might bookmark this issue and come back to it when we come back.

I don't think he is a bad person. I don't think he would ever physically cheat on me.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:52 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbazara View Post
Hi guys,

It happened again. Right after telling him only a couple of days ago I didn't like it when he texted 'befriended' other girls. Well actually i didnt say that exactly. I pointed out to him all his girlfriends were attractive and him befriending them was something I 'guess' I was going to need to accept. I'd already told him it made me feel uncomfortable but nothing has changed. Well.. he ignored this and now he's mentioning this girl again on social media.

Ive realised that my feelings are being ignored ( maybe not intentionally) but they are. Yet telling him has done nothing.
I got the initial reassurance I needed "no you don't have to worry about xxx. I wouldn't be planning a future with you if I didn't love You"... When it continued it turned to 'you're thinking too much into this" And then it became to just ignoring me. I told him again two days ago and he's back mentioning her on social

He's suggested before that i bring up a trivial topics. I told him something was bothering me and he said 'if it's trivial I'm going to get a little ticked off".

Is this really trivial? Am i over thinking this? Am i juat insecure and crazy? What happens if (fast forward) 10 years I have a kid with him... I'm exhausted and have probably let myself go. I feel too tired for romantic conversations or sex. and yet he's still talking with other ladies behind my back.

I had a moment this morning where I thought "I can't do this" . I don't even feel like I can bring the topic up again. We're going travelling tomorrow together and I don't want to ruin the holiday so I might bookmark this issue and come back to it when we come back.

I don't think he is a bad person. I don't think he would ever physically cheat on me.

You've gotten 23 replies telling you that it's not trivial.

Is he Bulgarian, by chance?

Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Here we go again w/ OPs not returning to their own threads! I hope the OP returns to let us know what she thinks.

The stats show she was last on this board ON the ay she started this thread, right before post #18.
I didn't know you felt like this. Sorry. I get a little embarrassed pouring my life out on this forum and I just assume you don't want to keep hearing from me. I do read what everyone else has said. It really does help.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

You've gotten 23 replies telling you that it's not trivial.

Is he Bulgarian, by chance?
Sorry. I'm am starting to think this isnt tivial from rthe responses. That was me challenging myself and thinking out loud. I guess changing thought patterns take time

Old 05-20-2019, 06:01 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Sorry. I'm am starting to think this isnt tivial from rthe responses. That was me challenging myself and thinking out loud. I guess changing thought patterns take time
Respect is something very basic to a relationship, and it should be obvious when it is not being given.

Now you know. He doesn't respect you, which means he cannot love you.

Learn to trust your gut.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:11 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Quote:
...I don't think he is a bad person. I don't think he would ever physically cheat on me.
OMG, you're so naive! He's behaving in ALL the ways of a cheater. If I was a betting person, I'd bet money he's slept w/ other girls. Why do you not think that can possibly happen?! You're clearly in strong denial. Then nobody here can help you if you start a thread, but say what you said above.

Are you so weak that you can't dump him? God knows what diseases he's giving you. You know not all STDs show symptoms right away.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:41 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,065 times
Quote:
Hi guys,

He's just not that into you, so your feelings and concerns are not going to be a top priority for him.

At this point, the only thing you should be telling him is "goodbye".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships