Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,037 times

Advertisements

There is a female friend whom I’ve been texting with for a few months. We first met less than a year ago and have gone out a couple of times. Unfortunately, she is now completing her postgrad in another country and even after she’s done, we may not end up in the same place (we’re from different countries). I’ve been hoping to keep in touch with her as a friend, since the distance makes it impossible anyway.

We got along well and she always responded enthusiastically, we shared a lot and we have many shared passion and interests. However, one day, out of the blue, she started responding slower and less often, and she would reply to some of my texts, but not others. I don’t believe I did or said anything wrong that triggered that, nor did I take things too fast. It was all just friendly conversations, asking basic and harmless questions, trying to get to know her better. She doesn’t completely ignore me and some of the texts are still friendly. However, isn’t it odd that she would not reply to some of my texts, as a friend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 09:59 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robstar123 View Post
There is a female friend whom I’ve been texting with for a few months. We first met less than a year ago and have gone out a couple of times. Unfortunately, she is now completing her postgrad in another country and even after she’s done, we may not end up in the same place (we’re from different countries). I’ve been hoping to keep in touch with her as a friend, since the distance makes it impossible anyway.

We got along well and she always responded enthusiastically, we shared a lot and we have many shared passion and interests. However, one day, out of the blue, she started responding slower and less often, and she would reply to some of my texts, but not others. I don’t believe I did or said anything wrong that triggered that, nor did I take things too fast. It was all just friendly conversations, asking basic and harmless questions, trying to get to know her better. She doesn’t completely ignore me and some of the texts are still friendly. However, isn’t it odd that she would not reply to some of my texts, as a friend?
Not if she’s busy or trying to cut back on the communication.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:52 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Let's see... You went out all of twice.... She's in school... You're long distance.... You're crushing on her but there's been no progression... Why would you expect this to last?

Old 05-18-2019, 05:55 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Not odd at all. There is someone else in her daily life that is getting her attention. Did you think she would wait chastely for you?

Old 05-24-2019, 07:33 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:

However, isn’t it odd that she would not reply to some of my texts, as a friend?
No, not odd at all....more expected I'd say.
She's got a life...in a different country
It's more odd that you expect her to reply..

When people expect certain responses and acknowledgements to their posts, especially from someone who lives no where near them, things are bound to go sour.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:49 AM

880 posts, read 531,820 times
It doesnt sound like youre in a relationship with her. Maybe shes dating someone else

Old 05-24-2019, 08:44 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
I am surprised that you are surprised.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Seems to be a rash of these LDR’s goin south as of late? Personally I never got why someone would subject themselves to to trying to navigate a close relationship when they’re thousands of even hundreds of miles apart. Especially in cases where they’ve never even met.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:38 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Quote:

Why don't you just ask her?

The fact that she moved away from you though doesn't bode well. I would write her off. There are millions of women out there. Why tie yourself down to a relationship that doesn't exist with a gal 10000 miles away?

Old 07-09-2019, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,037 times
Unhappy How to deal with a girl (friend) who suddenly ghosted for no reasons?

The short story is: I met this girl last year, been texting for a few months (since we live in different timezone). It's been going very well when out of a sudden, she started responding less frequently, sometimes not replying back. I know she's been busy, so would sometimes switch topics and she would then reply back, sometimes enthusiastically. But, I recently found out that she might have finally "ignored" me on messenger as the messages didn't get delivered... I feel really bad now because she might have felt pestered, where my intention was purely to develop a friendship and get to know her better. I don't believe I've come off too strong, it was all pure friendly conversations.

Why would she have done that and is there anything I can do? I really like her and above anything else and especially with the distance, I just want to be her friend and get to know her better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships