Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 11:28 AM

16 posts, read 9,924 times

Advertisements

Last month, I was set up on a date with a girl. Her mom had actually set us up after I met her at a booth she had set up at a local festival. She was rambling about how she wants me to meet her daughter since she'd been trying to set her up with a guy for a long time. I ended up going on a couple of dates with this girl and we seemed to be having a good time. Not long after that, I asked her to officially be my girlfriend and she said yes. In the next few days after that, we spent some time together and things seemed fine, but recently it feels like she keeps coming up with reasons not to hang out with me.

I'll ask her to go out to something like a movie or lunch, but she'll keep repeating the same old excuses. "I picked up an extra shift at work, I'm going to the gym, I'm spending time with family". Stuff like that and we don't get to see each other as often as I'd like to. Also, a couple of weeks ago she got her first tattoo and she posted about it on Facebook, which is how I found out about it, but she didn't tell me personally about it. That honestly hurt since she knows that I'm into tattoos. I want to be a tattoo artist and I myself have a number of tattoos that I'm proud of.

It really does seem like I did something wrong and now she's avoiding me. What if she never even really liked me to begin with? I mean, I like to think that she wouldn't have agreed to be my girlfriend if she didn't like me, but I also think about how her mom was the one who set us up and how that could play into things. We've only been officially exclusive for one month today, but I already feel like she doesn't want to be with me. I'm thinking that maybe I might've rushed things into a relationship and she's feeling uneasy about us. The only positive sign is that her Facebook relationship status still says that she's in a relationship with me, so maybe it's not over. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 11:38 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houndrat View Post
Last month, I was set up on a date with a girl. Her mom had actually set us up after I met her at a booth she had set up at a local festival. She was rambling about how she wants me to meet her daughter since she'd been trying to set her up with a guy for a long time. I ended up going on a couple of dates with this girl and we seemed to be having a good time. Not long after that, I asked her to officially be my girlfriend and she said yes. In the next few days after that, we spent some time together and things seemed fine, but recently it feels like she keeps coming up with reasons not to hang out with me.

I'll ask her to go out to something like a movie or lunch, but she'll keep repeating the same old excuses. "I picked up an extra shift at work, I'm going to the gym, I'm spending time with family". Stuff like that and we don't get to see each other as often as I'd like to. Also, a couple of weeks ago she got her first tattoo and she posted about it on Facebook, which is how I found out about it, but she didn't tell me personally about it. That honestly hurt since she knows that I'm into tattoos. I want to be a tattoo artist and I myself have a number of tattoos that I'm proud of.

It really does seem like I did something wrong and now she's avoiding me. What if she never even really liked me to begin with? I mean, I like to think that she wouldn't have agreed to be my girlfriend if she didn't like me, but I also think about how her mom was the one who set us up and how that could play into things. We've only been officially exclusive for one month today, but I already feel like she doesn't want to be with me. I'm thinking that maybe I might've rushed things into a relationship and she's feeling uneasy about us. The only positive sign is that her Facebook relationship status still says that she's in a relationship with me, so maybe it's not over. What do you think?
Facebook means nothing. Trust your gut.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:39 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,655 times
it seems you are overreacting, but the best is to talk with your girlfriend, if she is your GF you must be able to talk with her daily if not in person by whatsapp or messenger.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Facebook means nothing. Trust your gut.
But what if I'm not sure what my gut is saying?

Old 05-27-2019, 11:59 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
But what if I'm not sure what my gut is saying?
This may clear the clutter/excuses out of your head and make it clearer for you:

Quote:

... it feels like she keeps coming up with reasons not to hang out with me.

I'll ask her to go out to something like a movie or lunch, but she'll keep repeating the same old excuses. "I picked up an extra shift at work, I'm going to the gym, I'm spending time with family".

...she got her first tattoo and she posted about it on Facebook, which is how I found out about it, but she didn't tell me personally about it.

It really does seem like I did something wrong and now she's avoiding me.

What if she never even really liked me to begin with?

I already feel like she doesn't want to be with me.

I'm thinking that maybe I might've rushed things into a relationship and she's feeling uneasy about us.
This ^^^ is what I hear your gut saying.

Old 05-27-2019, 12:01 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,312 times
Talk to her. Communicate. We can sit here all day long speculating but we don't know her and we're certainly not in her head, so we have no way of knowing what's going on there.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:04 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
THat's not ghosting. Ghosting would be if she didn't respond to you at all.

She's trying to tell you she's just not that into you.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
THat's not ghosting. Ghosting would be if she didn't respond to you at all.

She's trying to tell you she's just not that into you.
I don't know if I buy that. Why would she agree to be my girlfriend in the first place? Why hasn't she changed her relationship status to single? Why wouldn't she just tell me in the first place?

Old 05-27-2019, 07:44 PM

1,246 posts, read 824,261 times
How old are you two?

Old 05-27-2019, 08:02 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Communicate with her. Listen to what she says or doesn't say and decide what you need to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships