U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 06:26 PM

7 posts, read 2,220 times

Advertisements

I met this guy who said he was wanting a serious relationship with me. He love bombed me and I fell for it. I slowly noticed he would not keep plans with me and would only come to my house for sex. I let the casual sex continue as I enjoyed sex with him and was hoping he'd live up to the promises he made but he didn't. I eventually ended things because I wasn't looking to maintain just a sexual relationship. When I did he got a little crazy with me saying he loved me and wanted to be serious with and begged me not to leave him. He started saying he wanted to get me pregnant. He even got pushy and said he was coming over to my house uninvited. Then he blamed me for our lack of relationship not being serious. I still moved on. Then the other day he texted me and tried gaslighting me again. I almost believed him and he had me feeling very guilty. I almost gave in and went back to him. But I didn't and stayed strong.*

Why is this guy hellbent on making me let him use me? I was direct with him and told him I know all he wants is sex. He adamantly denies this which I know now is a lie. What's crazy to me is I've since learned he has a very pretty girlfriend that's younger than me. While we were seeing each other we did have unprotected sex in the beginning because he'd said he wanted a family with me and I trusted him. Now I know he was probably having unprotected sex with me and the other woman.* The other woman seems to be oblivious and sees him as a really great guy. I learned he'd gotten her pregnant but she miscarried. All the while she was going through her troubles he was trying to pursue me to force me to be his side chick if I let him.

Why does he keep trying to confuse and gaslight me? It kind of hurts my feelings to know someone I thought was honest just played me. Even though I know he's gaslighting I still have moments of questioning my sanity or feeling like our relationship failure is my fault.

He is a smart and charming guy who could get another woman to be his side chick easily. Though I don't know why because his girlfriend is smart and attractive from what I can tell of her.

I hadn't blocked him yet as I thought we could remain friends or amicable. And I'd initially told him I'd still help him with business related stuff. But I might have to do so for my own sanity.

What do you guys think? Is he just trying to get me back just because I ended things first or for the sport of it? Am I crazy or is he also possibly narcissistic? What type of man behaves this way. He's like dr.jeckle and mr. hyde. I have no plans to get back with him. But Ive had a friend or two tell me to be careful with him. If he's naraccistic could he rage against me ? I feel annoyed and stressed by him. And foolish for falling for him in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 06:32 PM

7,618 posts, read 4,865,651 times
It's obvious this guy has a problem, you know this. But for whatever reason you keep entertaining it, probably due to your naivete and low self esteem. You need to block this psychopath and try not to repeat the same mistakes in future relationships.

FYI If a guy says he wants to get you pregnant as opposed to him asking you to marry him, RUN.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:33 PM

4,240 posts, read 1,564,524 times
Block him and keep blocking him.

Oh, and if you're thinking of "exposing" him to the gf, forget it. She'll never believe you. She needs to figure him out all by herself.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:50 PM

7 posts, read 2,220 times
I know I need to work on my self esteem... I'm a work in progress. He just seemed like such a good guy when I met him. I struggle foolishly with blaming myself. In my warped mind he probably treats his girlfriend great as I see she posts good things about him online.

No, I didn't know about the girlfriend when I was dealing with him. I found out towards the end of things.

I'm working on myself so I don't make the same mistake again.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:53 PM

7,618 posts, read 4,865,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina522 View Post
I know I need to work on my self esteem... I'm a work in progress. He just seemed like such a good guy when I met him. I struggle foolishly with blaming myself. In my warped mind he probably treats his girlfriend great as I see she posts good things about him online.

No, I didn't know about the girlfriend when I was dealing with him. I found out towards the end of things.

Block them both.

Let them deal with the mess and stay out of it.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:54 PM

43,156 posts, read 41,752,473 times
Quote:

In my warped mind he probably treats his girlfriend great as I see she posts good things about him online.
Block him, block his GF, block anyone who posts stuff with them in it. Not just his number. Block them on all social media.

You have to take whatever steps you can to help yourself.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:57 PM

42,675 posts, read 44,262,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Block him, block his GF, block anyone who posts stuff with them in it. Not just his number. Block them on all social media.

You have to take whatever steps you can to help yourself.
This. Get rid of him. He's a Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-10-2019 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:35 PM

4,240 posts, read 1,564,524 times
Quote:

Why are you looking at her social media pages?? And FYI again, what you see on a person's SM is not necessarily their reality.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:36 PM

468 posts, read 165,137 times
Quote:
What type of man behaves this way. .
A psychopath.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:56 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,312,076 times
He's an a-hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships