Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

I am by nature a very friendly and kind hearted person, that doesn't mean I don't get angry or sometimes rude because ya I can be one of those sassy out spoken gay guys, but when I try to befriend women I notice they tend to project, even when I tell them I am gay and only see them as a friend and would ya just love to go shopping, then still seem suspicious and that pretty much ruins any and all chances for friendship. Once I start feeling upset or angered by their rejection then I just give up and say she isn't worth the trouble and I don't want to be upset and feel hurt and rejected so I avoid certain individuals that reject my friendship and yes it hurts me really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Yes I can relate to what many of you have said! When a man is kind and generous I often question what their intention is. When a woman is kind and generous I think of her as a good friend. I may have a long way to go but I think bringing it out to the open is a good way to heal.

I have been attracting kind, healthy men into my life, I just now need to know how to accept their friendship. It's been interesting to look at my own behavior towards them. It's almost as if I project my past experiences with abusive men onto the kind men! Not good. I don't know maybe I sense that they might want to date so I push them away.

Anyway it's interesting. Carry on, this is a very interesting topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM

Good for you! Very smart choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Have NEVER had a fear of intimacy! And, before meeting my wife, when I met some one, who I found out that did, I would stop seeing that person....period! And, that was my choice. I'm not insensitive, I just knew what I was looking for before meeting my wife and after meeting my wife, my "soul partner searching" was over!!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I am by nature a very friendly and kind hearted person, that doesn't mean I don't get angry or sometimes rude, but when I try to befriend women I notice they tend to project, even when I tell them I am gay and only see them as a friend, then still seem suspicious and that pretty much ruins any and all chances for friendship.
Hey, converting a gay would be every woman's fantasy... Just imagine how special that would make her feel!

And you continue not giving me a cooking, baking, closet gay! I'm not gonna play with ya anymore!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:44 PM

riiiiight. keep on living in la la land

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, converting a gay would be every woman's fantasy... Just imagine how special that would make her feel!

And you continue not giving me a cooking, baking, closet gay! I'm not gonna play with ya anymore!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
riiiiight. keep on living in la la land
What... is there a shortage even of closet gays nowadays?! Darn it!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:12 PM

I'm not sure but most guys with sexual orientation "issues" are usually no fun.
I've never had sexual orientation issues, always felt great being gay and liking guys and I am TONS of fun to hang with, light and free spirited, always keep my close friends and family laughing and entertained and vice versa.

The guys with sexual orientation "issues" or closet cases might know a lot about cooking and fashion but they really don't have the "fun" or "happy" component, they are too busy trying to compensate for being "gay". lol..... that is just my experience with them ....

Quote:
What... is there a shortage even of closet gays nowadays?! Darn it!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
The guys with sexual orientation "issues" or closet cases might know a lot about cooking and fashion but they really don't have the "fun" or "happy" component, they are too busy trying to compensate for being "gay". lol..... that is just my experience with them ....
I don't care about their issues. I'm interested in them cooking and baking for me and helping with interior-design projects. Lifting heavy stuff and reaching high spots won't hurt, either.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 PM

oh, well ya they would be perfect for you then! There are a lot of closet cases out there. When you conduct interviews ask if they like Cher and Barbara Streisand and Spandex? ok haha

Quote:
I don't care about their issues. I'm interested in them cooking and baking for me and helping with interior-design projects. Lifting heavy stuff and reaching high spots won't hurt, either.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
oh, well ya they would be perfect for you then! There are a lot of closet cases out there. When you conduct interviews ask if they like Cher and Barbara Streisand and Spandex? ok haha
Thanks for the insider tip! I take it they're supposed to like all those... Should they like Speedos, too? That's probably gonna be a good indicator here. In Europe everybody wears them...

Old 04-14-2008, 04:58 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Have you had this fear, or have you been involved with someone who you think has this fear?

I would define it as when someone will only allow another person in so far and then shut's down emotionally as a way to protect oneself. They cut themselves off from feeling true love or a true connectedness with someone due to fear that the other person could hurt them.

I would say I have this fear, yet I'm working on releasing it. What's been your experience?
I have it, and I've never been happier. You see, I've never been in a relationship with a good man...but long after counseling and soul searching, I realize, I chose the wrong men. No, I didn't ask to be abused, but, I look back now and go ewwww, how could I have settled for so little?

I have had a lot of hard knocks with people...we've all had tough lives, some worse then others...after 3 failed marriages, and now the loss of my son, due to a very jealous DIL, well, after a while, you tend to shut down, and I have to a certain extent. Hurt, words, lies and physical abuse, do some really nasty things to the physi....

When I was young, everyone in my family said they envied me, that I was very outgoing, had tons of friends, was always on the go, and whenever people sat down and spoke to me, I was easy to talk to, and they felt like they knew me for years. I had a very good sense of humor. One of my husbands said....really mean one time...Ohhhhh, every likes you....like it was an awful thing.

Well, I chose to stay away from people...I find people, including my family to be very controlling. If you don't do, or think like they do, why, there must be something wrong with you.

As some of you know, I came home to live with my mom. It was a God sent after my divorce...and it was only to be for a short time. Well, my mother became ill, slowly and it took away her independence. I couldn't leave her, because my sibblings were very self absorbed and into their own lives and couldn't be bothered.

The worst part, is, since my mom passed away, I've seen some very disenchanting selfish things. My one sister is very controlling...and if you don't do what she says, she gets angry. My other sister and brother is afraid of her. I'm now to the point of breaking any relationship with them. My mom couldn't deal with dissapline, so basically left them all have their way.

I have finally bought the house of my dreams...and all they are doing is talking about how big it is...it's brand new, has 3 bedrooms, and is a very nice size for the money. I actually researched what I wanted for 3 years. It's like they are waiting for me to fail...and my dear brother in law, was so nosey, he couldn't wait to see it, drove by it, saw my car there speaking with the owner of the Park where I'm moving to, and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I think that's bigger then our first floor". WEll, he proceeded to tell the rest of the family how big it is, and that is all I heard. Yes, it is a nice size, and it's all on one floor, doesn't have a basement or a garage, like all of them have. They're homes are beautiful...and I can't understand, what it is they begruge me...that I finally have something nice.

So, the more these things happen, the less I say and the more I withdrawl. I really can't deal with people and/or family any longer...and I am perfectly content living by myself, making my own decissions...actually, I don't feel alone, and I'm hoping after this move is over, I will once again reach out to friends, making new friends, but, a lot of times, I've learned, you've got to keep people at bay, otherwise, you start looking for their approval to be happy...you don't need anyone's approval to be happy...and people so, many people tend to get upset if your happy, or if you don't take their advice. While I welcome advice, where does it say, I have to live my life according to their beliefs...?

People are so controlling...they're actually afraid to allow you to be who you are....

I end with saying, I can't wait to move, and I'm happy being away from people...I don't need all this conflict, it is not healthy, it's very toxic and upsetting. And I don't like who I've become because of it...so, the move is a new life, a new start and believe me, there will be boundaries. I don't make friends easily any longer.

That is why I oft times say...words can kill a person, just as though your holding a gun to someone's head. The actions of people sometimes become overbearing and very aggressive and I can't be who they are or who they think I should be.

Right now, I don't care if I never see my family again...it would kill them to be supportive, to be happy for me. My gosh, they all have their own beautiful homes...? I don't get it...? I've always looked up to them, marveled at their successes, was happy for them...and now all I see is great selfishness and greed...they must be very unhappy people. I suppose somehow, I give their lives some purpose, as they feel as if they have to look after me, and I believe they are offended b/c I would no longer allow it. In other ways, there were times they were

And, they are angry b/c I did this all on my own and refused to get them involved....I knew if I would, and didn't do what they thought I should do, they'd get angry or I'd be very unhappy to purchase something they thought I should have.

I am way to tired to deal with any conflicts any longer. I really don't need people...love them, but I'm a lot like that kid in the movie Into the Wild...as soon as someone gets to close, starts suggesting what I should do...Man, I'm gone.

I have a girlfriend who is a wonderful person...she writes me all the time and says, I'm so happy for you, you really did well, did your homework...and I can't wait to see it. Not one person in my family has said that...can you believe it?

Well, I've listened to a lot of people because they have tons of friends, and are married, and they always seem to be trying to please everyone else but themselves. For the first time in my life, for the past 7 years...I am able to do that...and I feel, it's only going to get much better when I move.

I am a loner and there is nothing unhealthy about it. A gal at work said, that I'm a very confident person...happy, and well adjusted. But, I go off by myself a lot...away from all the noise, and she explained to me that it offends a lot of people, they take it personal, as a personal insult against them b/c I chose to be alone.

And I am very appreciative for all they have done for me, and still love them, but my Gosh, enough is enough.

After my mom passed away, I chose to go away for Christmas. The first real vacation in 5 years, and do you know, my family was offended b/c I went...they took it personal???????

People can be so demanding, they do not know how to allow others their individuality, who they are...and people have become so negative and grumpy, well, lets just say, if they spent half the energy looking for the good in people, rather then the bad...they'd be much happier people.

Hugs to ya
Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-14-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships