Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 12:48 PM

102,214 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Your confidence should be based on you, not what others think about you. Go for what you want, not what you think others think you should want.
This. You ignore the flack, unless you're behaving offensively in some way, that you're not aware of.

But OP, you haven't responded to the questions at the beginning of the thread; what are you doing to get out and meet new people, mix and mingle, and make some friends and build a social life? Do you have friends? Have you been able to make friends before (school, college, neighborhood)? How do people treat you at work? Are you shy or introverted, or socially awkward? We have no idea what the problem could be. Some physically unattractive people are able to overcome that limitation by coming out of their shell, and making efforts to be engaging, and fun or interesting.

Could you give us a little more info to go on, as we try to offer advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 01:05 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In the past, people who have posted pics of themselves for feedback end up with their thread transferred to the "Beauty" forum. It's not considered to be a "Relationships" topic.
And the sticky in the Fashion & Beauty forum warns not to do it. City-Data is many things, but outside geographic and real-estate issues, meant to be helpful isn't one of them.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:25 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
And the sticky in the Fashion & Beauty forum warns not to do it. City-Data is many things, but outside geographic and real-estate issues, meant to be helpful isn't one of them.
Not the site's fault. Blame the people who can't control themselves when talking about a controversial topic.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Weight? I don't think most conversations about individual's looks historically went bad here. They usually are polite and sometimes valuable on other sites.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Find an unattractive partner. There's plenty out there. Nobody's been to Walmart?
Ahahahaha!!!! Love it!

Old 07-07-2019, 12:13 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
"If thou wouldst be loved, be lovable."

-Ovid

Old 07-08-2019, 01:49 PM

11 posts, read 6,341 times
Maybe not a popular opinion but I don't think there are many differences in attractive vs unattractive. Unless you are really going out of your league. And I mean really. If you don't know how to play the game it will be hard regardless of the looks.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:58 AM

818 posts, read 456,340 times
l dunno what it is about forum people but it's always all about attractive, as if 90% of the population and couples out there are models or close.
Yet the reality is vise versa .
As l've said a dozen times in forums, doesn't anyone look at the typical couples on the street or in any shopping mall or in people they know.
Average can be anything , tall short chubby fat skinny and attractiveness wise well l'd say average would be well well well below even close to what you'd call attractive .
l dunno , people asking or talking this kinda stuff must walk round with their eyes closed , really.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 AM

1,593 posts, read 776,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
l dunno what it is about forum people but it's always all about attractive, as if 90% of the population and couples out there are models or close.
Yet the reality is vise versa .
As l've said a dozen times in forums, doesn't anyone look at the typical couples on the street or in any shopping mall or in people they know.
Average can be anything , tall short chubby fat skinny and attractiveness wise well l'd say average would be well well well below even close to what you'd call attractive .
l dunno , people asking or talking this kinda stuff must walk round with their eyes closed , really.
Because attraction is not all about looks, but looks are the easiest thing to blame if a person can’t find a date, and even easy to reverse blame onto other people (“No one will date me, they must all be shallow and looking for Chad.”) It’s much harder to realize and admit that the reason someone can’t get a date is that there’s just Something off about their personality and core being...boring, uninteresting, unsettling, unexciting. It’s not that the whole dating world is shallow, it’s that the whole dating world sees the faults that the person having trouble probably doesn’t. As one person on these boards put it once, “I should start up a drive-through psych clinic, these sad-sack guys are all the same.”

(And lest you think I’m being harsh to “other” people, she was talking about me when she said that.)

Old 07-09-2019, 10:17 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Because attraction is not all about looks, but looks are the easiest thing to blame if a person can’t find a date, and even easy to reverse blame onto other people (“No one will date me, they must all be shallow and looking for Chad.”) It’s much harder to realize and admit that the reason someone can’t get a date is that there’s just Something off about their personality and core being...boring, uninteresting, unsettling, unexciting. It’s not that the whole dating world is shallow, it’s that the whole dating world sees the faults that the person having trouble probably doesn’t. As one person on these boards put it once, “I should start up a drive-through psych clinic, these sad-sack guys are all the same.”

(And lest you think I’m being harsh to “other” people, she was talking about me when she said that.)
Agree, it's not always about a person's looks. The problem may lie in the individual's personality or the way they perceive women. If a guy thinks that women fall into stereotypical categories or that they all want a "Chad" then that attitude will come out in their words and actions even if they intentionally don't say anything like that.

I think if men (or women) who are having issues finding a partner for an extended period of time examined their personality and actions, they might find that that's the issue. If it is, they need to be open to change. Perhaps counseling would help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships