Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 01:41 AM

22 posts, read 11,619 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
So I’m seeing this guy and he says that he cares about me but today I wasn’t feeling well. I told him I fainted and hurt my knees.
He told to take care and he will call me in a while. It’s been hours.
I know that he is gone overseas for a family trip and he might be busy but I kinda felt like he only calls me when he has nothing else to do.
Or am I misreading this?

Old 02-10-2020, 01:48 AM

1,350 posts, read 819,156 times
Maybe he was busy?

Question - is this the same guy that wouldn't talk to you for weeks when he got mad, or is this a new guy? How long have you been going out with him?

Old 02-10-2020, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
Maybe he was busy?

Question - is this the same guy that wouldn't talk to you for weeks when he got mad, or is this a new guy? How long have you been going out with him?
No it’s a different guy. 6 months.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:34 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
After what you went through with your last relationship, there's a strong chance that it left you more sensitive to this sort of thing than many others would be.

You have a lot of healing to do, so be kind to yourself and do your best to not project the past on the present.

You didn't take much of a break between your last relationship and beginning to date again--have you considered taking some time to fly solo in order to heal and discover what your wants and needs are within a relationship and what you have to give to a partner in return?

For now, relax, have a cup of tea, and try not to overthink things. If he calls, he calls. If he doesn't? In that case you can decide whether or not you want to share with him how you feel about this or call it a "one off" and let it slide.

You're going to be okay even if this man isn't for you in the long run.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:36 AM

6,558 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
Hi everyone,
So I’m seeing this guy and he says that he cares about me but today I wasn’t feeling well. I told him I fainted and hurt my knees.
He told to take care and he will call me in a while. It’s been hours.
I know that he is gone overseas for a family trip and he might be busy but I kinda felt like he only calls me when he has nothing else to do.
Or am I misreading this?
Did you tell him via text message? How did the conversation go exactly?

Old 02-10-2020, 07:14 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
I think you need to reserve judgment until he gets back in town.

He's overseas. You don't know what circumstances he's in or if he can't get service, etc.

Be patient.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
After what you went through with your last relationship, there's a strong chance that it left you more sensitive to this sort of thing than many others would be.

You have a lot of healing to do, so be kind to yourself and do your best to not project the past on the present.

You didn't take much of a break between your last relationship and beginning to date again--have you considered taking some time to fly solo in order to heal and discover what your wants and needs are within a relationship and what you have to give to a partner in return?

For now, relax, have a cup of tea, and try not to overthink things. If he calls, he calls. If he doesn't? In that case you can decide whether or not you want to share with him how you feel about this or call it a "one off" and let it slide.

You're going to be okay even if this man isn't for you in the long run.
You're right. I should be focusing on myself. I wouldn’t say it’s a relationship but somehow getting to know each other. Thank you heaps

Old 02-10-2020, 08:13 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
You're right. I should be focusing on myself. I wouldn’t say it’s a relationship but somehow getting to know each other. Thank you heaps
Be gentle with yourself. It's understandable for you to be on "high alert" for any signs that might lead you into a relationship similar to the one that you left behind last year. Most men are not like your last boyfriend. There are good men out there. Finding one who's a good fit for you and you for him? That's the tricky part.

For better or worse, people do tend to drift towards "types" when it comes to interpersonal relationships. Most of the time, that's not a bad thing. Other times, drifting towards those who treat their partners poorly is indicative of several things--not feeling as though you (using the word "you" in a general sense) deserve better treatment, feeling as though perseverance on your part will cause he/she to become a better person due to your love and influence and/or such treatment is what you've known from your earliest relationships as how a relationship is supposed to be (including in how your parents treated one another and/or, if they divorced and repartnered, how they treated their new partners).

As a human being, you're a continual work in progress. I'm glad that you've been able to begin to date again, have been wise enough to take things slowly, and have not rushed headlong into a new relationship.

I'd say, cut him some slack as he's abroad with family and see how things are once you next see him face-to-face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships