U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 07-07-2019, 07:32 PM
5 posts, read 584 times
Reputation: 10


Hello I posted this question earlier but did not give a category My husband and I have been married 4 years he is disabled I have a 26 year old special needs daughter she suffers with seizures but not as bad as him, this is the oldest sister and my husband thinks because she is whatever she tells him she is right.

We were to move into a 3 bedroom home in late September of this year well she finds all kinds of things to say the steps even had the nerve to say my daughter can barely walk that s a lie she does have what they call a gate and does need some assistance but does walk by herself at times, I made a terrible mistake making him head of household losing my Section 8.

The worker emailed me back and said that if he came into office would sign some papers but when went she calls him back there not me I did not understand that at all hello you emailed me and told me that and when we get here its not like that back to the house we are getting it all because of her and hubby would not stand up to her take up for me.

When I went and got everything straight to be his payee she comes gets him and gets that back I am so sick of her I think it would be best for me someway and how to move out find daughter and I something someway and how some tell me look for low income guess handicap accessible.

I feel if we try again and she says anything he going to do me wrong again oh I forgot she is power of attorney and his payee so do I try with him again or find me and my daughter something of our own a person can only take so much.

If I would try to look for something with him again what things should I not do he s sneaky and very intimidated of her one do not give her the address do not tell him until the last minute either.
All replies ASAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Location: Wisconsin
17,379 posts, read 17,689,845 times
Reputation: 42542
These may be dumb questions, but if he is so disabled that he needs a payee to be in charge of his money is he even legally allowed to sign contracts (such as getting married)? Also, if he needs a payee to handle his money how can he be "head of household" over you? Is his sister medical POA or financial POA or both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 08:41 AM
5 posts, read 584 times
Reputation: 10
germaine2626 I do not know if its financial or medical she is pain in the blank believe me so controlling and he is very intimidated of her I am trying to find my daughter and I a place hopefully.

But money is an issue wish I had someone to stay with I have family but they have no room she s sorry as hell gives him only a little money he is a heavy smoker needs clothes etc and after he did not do what was necessary for me to get my Section 8 voucher back which I think the worker said I could reapply he can go where the sun shines to.

I do get it together and leave him he s going to probably wish why didn t I speak up we should of been moving on September 20th to a house but she comes along with all this talking about the steps he has seizures and my daughter to not the kind he has neighborhood bad store to far away no you did not wont to pay that rent I stayed mad at him for 15 days over that.

I started crying after our appointment I thought would be weeks before I spoke to him again but that and the house still there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:35 PM
Location: SoCal again
16,206 posts, read 13,059,280 times
Reputation: 31712
This is really hard to understand. Can you use some punctuation or write in proper English?

Your husband and grown daughter have seizures, I understood that much. The rest is a blur. Your husband's sister has the POA over him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 02:26 PM
2,922 posts, read 5,079,170 times
Reputation: 7006
Yeah, sorry, could you please use punctuation and better detail? It's all one jumbled up bunch of words, and we can't understand what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top