Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 10:03 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Now we know why he doesn’t want to have a baby with you. $$
It is so silly when strangers on the internet think they know people better than they know each other..........why are you so bitter you want to pick us apart?

He doesn't want a baby in 3 to 5 yrs because of his age ..... it's nothing to do with money...he has plenty.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:08 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
It is so silly when strangers on the internet think they know people better than they know each other..........why are you so bitter you want to pick us apart?

He doesn't want a baby in 3 to 5 yrs because of his age ..... it's nothing to do with money...he has plenty.
Doesn’t want to give you half when you leave, like the last guy. He’s not that old, just thinking ahead. Like an attorney.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Doesn’t want to give you half when you leave, like the last guy. He’s not that old, just thinking ahead.
The profits my EX AND I made on OUR house ...were split in half. That has nothing to do with my current Bf....or YOU.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:22 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
The profits my EX AND I made on OUR house ...were split in half. That has nothing to do with my current Bf....or YOU.
Posting history, you aren’t aware of it, or wouldn’t have accused me of being some guy who used to be a principal.
This is too easy. Good luck to you.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Doesn’t want to give you half when you leave, like the last guy. He’s not that old, just thinking ahead. Like an attorney.
So....you know him personally & know him better than I do...? How would you know how he feels about kids or me or money? This thread is not discussing him or why he made the decision he made.....it's for me to be Ok with it...& still move in together.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 AM

236 posts, read 127,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I think you should ask yourself the questions from another direction, such as would you like the things that come with raising children.
  • 9 month pregnancy sickness
  • Childbirth/labor pain
  • Changing diapers,
  • losing sleep
  • teaching to speak
  • helping with homework
  • general goofyness and watching them play
  • buying clothes
  • doing extra laundry
  • talking in kid speak in general
  • birthday and xmas gifts
  • thankless parenting
  • screaming babies/toddlers for 3 years
  • rough road trips, restless baby/toddler
  • teaching them right from wrong
  • sickness...diseases
  • possible mentally incapable (makes everything in the list 10x more difficult)
  • Teenage years/parties/drugs/bad friends
  • college loans

If youre ok with all of these, then maybe you really do want kids. Some people find these things rewarding.

These are the things I think of that discourage me, and keeps me in the frame of mind that I dont like being around children.
All worth it...EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
I don’t care how they feel about kids, but I wouldn’t date someone who was anti-cats. Total dealbreaker.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:42 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
For you...but that is the question I am putting out there. Some may decide they love their Bf or Gf more than the thought of a child one day.....& others would be adamant about having a child & risk finding someone else to partner or marry.

It is good for you that you have no regrets, tho it can be a big risk....
Picking a partner with whom you do not share this important desire is a HUGE risk.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:32 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,472,468 times
Quote:
Oh...I'm ready.....as long as he is able to get me out of my lease.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Why would HE be trying to get you out of YOUR lease?
Quote:
So that I don't have to do it...or pay a high amount to break it.

But why don't you want to do it? You've made a big deal out of making sure everyone knows you are "doing all this on your own." Taking care of your own housing affairs would be in that category. It seems to go against what you say you're "about."

And how could HE get the fee reduced? Does he have some connection to the owner of this apartment complex?

Old 07-11-2019, 07:11 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
I won't push him into a vasectomy because I would like us to be able to decide for sure in a few yrs if we have a baby or not.
It sounds like he's already sure. Do you think you'll change his mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.