U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 AM

6,700 posts, read 2,411,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh like to come over to his table? Ok.

Yeah, I don’t know about that one but the OP better put a short leash on that dog.

You know...it's kind of one of those things that I'd rather not explain, if you don't get it. Motioning someone over to our table would not have mortified me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 11:18 AM

16,141 posts, read 12,892,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
It's not happening to me. I love my single life and intend to stay this way.

I was catching up with an old friend and she told me that her boyfriend's best friend, "Jack" is dating a girl from Europe. Well, turns out this weekend the boyfriend and Jack went to a bar and Jack started to make out with someone else. He even asked a woman for sex!

The next day, Jack's girlfriend sent a whattsap message to Jack's best friend asking (my friend's boyfriend) basically asking if Jack has been intimate with someone because Jack was cold with her. Well, turns out he covered for Jack: He texted back, "No, the only thing that happened was that Jack got drunk and I put him in a cab."

That was the end of the story, but I told my friend that it sounds like her boyfriend lack moral character. Now she's not speaking to me lol.
Dating a girl from Europe... Are they even really together?
Second, asking the friend through whatsapp ... sounds like high school drama. She should not pull him into her relationship with Jack.
Third, Jack's best friend could have just told Jack to take care of it and not answer the girlfriend.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:19 AM

8,847 posts, read 7,736,397 times
Get the names of some good detectives. You might very well need them in the future.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:43 PM

2,723 posts, read 2,282,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Dating a girl from Europe... Are they even really together?
Second, asking the friend through whatsapp ... sounds like high school drama. She should not pull him into her relationship with Jack.
Third, Jack's best friend could have just told Jack to take care of it and not answer the girlfriend.
Yeah. The girl is obsessed with Jack but Jack is one of those men who always wants to be with a woman - he likes the European but can’t stand long distance. And the girl is very insecure- she calls Jack “my fiancé” even though she’s overseas lol.

The friend showed Jack the whattsup message and also showed how he lied that he just put Jack in a cab.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:57 AM

1,417 posts, read 555,690 times
Yes.I would feel that the person wouldn't have a problem doing the same thing to me eventually.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:00 AM

1,058 posts, read 245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yeah. The girl is obsessed with Jack but Jack is one of those men who always wants to be with a woman - he likes the European but can’t stand long distance. And the girl is very insecure- she calls Jack “my fiancé” even though she’s overseas lol.

The friend showed Jack the whattsup message and also showed how he lied that he just put Jack in a cab.
How old are these people? Lots of kiddie stuff drama........

It's so funny because...I had an old friend named Erin who was obsessed with a Jack from Europe too...she is much older & used to vlog from Michigan tho.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:47 PM

5,511 posts, read 8,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
supports cheating and lies to cover it... yep sounds like a lack of moral character to me.
Exactly! If he'll lie & cover for his friend, he'll do it in his OWN life as well. Someone's not going to be all unethical & immoral in every aspect of his life, but not in his own.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:16 AM

6,088 posts, read 8,387,197 times
I think we can all agree lying is immoral, but in this situation I honestly wouldn't have known what to do either. I mean did he call out his friend and cause a big mess of drama? It was immature of the girlfriend to ask his friend anyway. She obviously doesn't trust him and for good reason. If I was the friend I might have done the same thing just to avoid getting pulled into someone else's drama. I would have covered, but let my friend know I wouldn't be lying again and I didn't like doing it, so he better come clean or make sure I'm left out of it next time.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:21 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,236,609 times
Everyone needs to understand that there is a certain responsibility to asking a question...you may not like the answer you get.

What has also not been discussed is that sometimes (in other circumstances to this one) the people involved have agreed to a) an open relationship or b) look the other way and dont want to acknowledge it is happening.

I had a friend who wanted as many women as possible until he found one he really fell in love with, and then he was a one-woman man, but it took a long, long time to find that one.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:47 AM

4,008 posts, read 1,719,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Exactly! If he'll lie & cover for his friend, he'll do it in his OWN life as well. Someone's not going to be all unethical & immoral in every aspect of his life, but not in his own.
For this dramatic so-called long-distance relationship? Yeah, not so much. I really have different standards when it is my friend who is married or dating someone locally as opposed to a long-distance relationship with someone in another country. I say this as someone whose sibling married someone after a long-distance relationship, but they actually relaxed things a lot for most of the years they were long distance because of the difficulties maintaining the relationship when they were so far away from each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or