U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:53 AM

184 posts, read 31,680 times

Advertisements

Yes, I would have serious questions about their character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 12:29 PM

5,511 posts, read 8,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Question in the subject line: If your partner - husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc supports their best friend cheating on his or her partner - and lies to cover their friend, would that make you feel like your partner lacks character or morality? Would you care?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
For this dramatic so-called long-distance relationship? Yeah, not so much. I really have different standards when it is my friend who is married or dating someone locally as opposed to a long-distance relationship with someone in another country. I say this as someone whose sibling married someone after a long-distance relationship, but they actually relaxed things a lot for most of the years they were long distance because of the difficulties maintaining the relationship when they were so far away from each other.
In the OP, the OP didn't say "long distance", so I must have missed that part. It's still best to live ethically & genuinely at all times, so the SO living far away shouldn't matter, they're human beings too who deserve to be treated well IF they're a kind person who's putting their heart & soul into this relationship.

Actually, since it's EVEN tougher on long distance relationships, all the more reason to be honest about things since the SO can't see the person day-to-day, so there's automatically going to be some doubts/fears/worries already w/ that person, I'm sure.

Old Today, 11:36 AM

336 posts, read 73,559 times
too opened ended of a question. Generally bad yes. But sometimes, there are genuine reasons.

Old Today, 11:45 AM

127 posts, read 12,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Question in the subject line: If your partner - husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc supports their best friend cheating on his or her partner - and lies to cover their friend, would that make you feel like your partner lacks character or morality? Would you care?
It depends. If the cheatee was already cheating and/or doing worse things, it's just an eye for an eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or