U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 02:48 PM

43,766 posts, read 42,381,785 times

Advertisements

Yay!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 02:59 PM

19,973 posts, read 20,075,563 times
Vegas is a really great place to differentiate the interest in 'gambling" and site seeing

Old 07-24-2019, 09:04 PM

32,180 posts, read 20,275,807 times
Best wishes to you and your new GF.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-25-2019, 03:23 AM

7,744 posts, read 3,040,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
....At this point I wouldn't care if we was going to Nebraska. I'm loving it!!
Great attitude and sense of humor. You deserve to have someone “buy you a bunch of clothes and decide on Vegas”. I’m going to try that one day when I’m retired too!
Have fun!

Old 07-25-2019, 05:17 AM

Tricky, you may already have thought about this, but as you two progress you need to have a conversation about sexually transmitted disease.

I know it seems awkward, but it’s very important because stuff like herpes and gonorrhea are increasing among senior citizens.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/health....%3fcontext=amp

The easiest way to bring it up is to have yourself tested and then just tell her , “I wanted to let you know that I have a clean bill of health, including no STDs, and I just wanted us both to have peace of mind before we move further.”

Hopefully she is a reasonable person who lets you know she’s clear as well. But it’s a risk that people who have been married a long time and not dating recently may not be aware of.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:19 AM

172 posts, read 238,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Vegas is a really great place to differentiate the interest in 'gambling" and site seeing
Neither of us are gamblers, she already said $100 is her betting budget, I may try a few games/slots but were mainly going for sight seeing and just hanging out together.

Birdiebelle, I'm pretty sure you have to have "relations" with others to contract stds. I for sure and her 99.9% that has not happen. Your concern is well appreciated and in this day and time very appropriate.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Neither of us are gamblers, she already said $100 is her betting budget, I may try a few games/slots but were mainly going for sight seeing and just hanging out together.

Birdiebelle, I'm pretty sure you have to have "relations" with others to contract stds. I for sure and her 99.9% that has not happen. Your concern is well appreciated and in this day and time very appropriate.
Good to know. I'm not trying to be a party pooper, just realistic. You don't really know the details of her story, so it's good that you're being cautious.

Be sure to let us know how the trip goes.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:42 AM

744 posts, read 249,279 times
Quote:

Well, you were both married, so I presume you both have had relations at some point. It's always a good idea to get tested.

That said, have a fun trip! This thread is really cute, and it's fun to see something happy on this board for once!

Old 07-25-2019, 10:12 AM
Status: "Now I know how Joan of Arc felt ..." (set 7 days ago)

516 posts, read 162,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
... it's fun to see something happy on this board for once!

Seconded.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:00 PM

172 posts, read 238,048 times
I'm not retired not even close. I would like to say thanks for all the response's to my new life adventure's it is nice. I don't like talking with family about my personal life(we are not a close family).

the last few nights have been becoming more intimate, lots of holding and hugs on the couch while watching tv(neither of us are tv watchers). she is so excited about going as am I. This next week is gonna drag but anticipation is building which makes it exciting. she still thinks I'm scared to fly and teases me about it. It's all good.

I will keep y'all updated, maybe even from Vegas if possible. no promise's on that though.

Have a great day everybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships