U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

42 posts, read 5,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I texted him a bit after 8pm, doubt he was getting ready for bed especially since he told me works 10am-7pm...either way I think I should’ve received a response by now. Unless he didn’t get it cause he was on the train or something, guess we’ll never know.

Dude is flakier than a box of cereal. If he didn't like you he shouldn't have kissed you and said "I'll call you!". Why even do it?

People are something else. Smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

801 posts, read 212,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
[/b]

Dude is flakier than a box of cereal. If he didn't like you he shouldn't have kissed you and said "I'll call you!". Why even do it?

People are something else. Smh
Could be it made him feel good about himself in the moment. Paradoxically, some guys think it's the nice thing to do. Alternatively, it might have been a feeler about what she thought of the date and him for ego boost.

He may initiate contact at some point given the reference to squeezing in a date in before trip -- so no sense of urgency.

Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,359,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Could be it made him feel good about himself in the moment. Paradoxically, some guys think it's the nice thing to do. Alternatively, it might have been a feeler about what she thought of the date and him for ego boost.

He may initiate contact at some point given the reference to squeezing in a date in before trip -- so no sense of urgency.
Not sure if you saw my last post, but I texted him yesterday evening and never got a response so I doubt he’ll be contacting me.

Old Today, 01:12 AM

10,736 posts, read 31,787,003 times
You don't have to sit around and wait for him to make up his mind. Call him and set up a second date. One date isn't enough time to figure out how you might feel about him. There's no reason why a woman in this day and time can't contact a guy and set up a date. Maybe something casual so if he is nervous, he might be more at ease. Find out something about him, what he likes to do. Museums, music, hiking...whatever it happens to be rather then just sitting there eating a meal.

Old Today, 06:31 AM

4,537 posts, read 2,319,369 times
^ she eventually did (big up, bebe). soundboys a flake.

Old Today, 07:15 AM

13,759 posts, read 12,722,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So i had a first date Sunday night with a guy off a dating app. It went okay, I enjoyed his company but it felt very platonic there was really no flirtation and didn't really feel that much of a spark even though I didn't think he was bad looking. For whatever reason it just felt like we were friends, I also felt we were very different and maybe that's why. Anyway at the end of the night he asked me to give him a ride to the train station which I was more than happy to do since he came to my side of the city and the train was a bit of a walk. So while we were walking to the car, he asked me when I was going to Europe again (I had told him I was going this summer in the beginning of the night), so I told him beginning of August, so he said "ok good, we can squeeze in a second date before then, and then you'll go off to Europe meet a European guy and forget about me" ok so clearly the second part was a joke, but I was a bit taken a back by him mentioning a second date because I thought we both felt the same about the date. Anyway my response was "yes we can" because I would go out with him again because you never know and I did enjoy his company. Anyway I drove to the train station and he kissed me goodbye on the cheek and said he would definitely call me.

I know it's sill but my question is did he just say that stuff about the second date just to say it because I was driving him to the train station or did he actually mean it? I haven't heard from him yet but I really didn't expect to since we didn't communicate much before our first date either. I know time will tell, but I'm just curious.
I have no way of knowing whether he meant it since I don't know him and I'm not a mind reader. But just because you only got a friend vibe doesn't mean that he did. I've been on plenty of dates where I thought things seemed to be going well (I mean, well enough for a first in person meeting) and then I never heard from the guy again. I don't really expect sparks and flirtation when I first meet people from online sites/apps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or