U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 10:32 PM

78,608 posts, read 70,508,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You have literally told him “you don’t have to go but if you don’t go you are no longer important to me” and still wonder why he wouldn’t care to be in time?

Please
I didn't read her statement that way. I think she told him he doesn't have to go, but then subsequently, she's been questioning what the point is in having him around, if he's not going to participate in family activities and get-togethers.

This doesn't sound like an engaged couple.

Old Yesterday, 02:47 AM

967 posts, read 315,960 times
The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different result....

Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM

1,965 posts, read 958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different result....
Over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...

Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM

12,334 posts, read 13,571,094 times
....AND over, and over...and over...

Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM

3,179 posts, read 1,668,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
He enjoys "punishing" you for making him do something he doesn't care about, so stop giving him the power to make you mad/frustrated. That is exactly what he is trying to do. Simply tell him calmly and in few words that if he is not ready to go at the deccided time, you will leave without him. Keep doing it until he changes. If he keeps it up, I personally would re-think the relationship. To me his behavior signifies selfishness and lacking in caring about you & your kids.

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who watches youtube in the bathroom. That is strange.

He sounds very immature. I can't imagine any grown man I know doing that.

Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

7,628 posts, read 4,873,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I didn't read her statement that way. I think she told him he doesn't have to go, but then subsequently, she's been questioning what the point is in having him around, if he's not going to participate in family activities and get-togethers.

This doesn't sound like an engaged couple.
Sounds like an enraged one.

Old Yesterday, 06:35 AM

4,248 posts, read 1,569,245 times
Your username would be so much more apt if so many of the 5th world problems you complain about on C-D weren't of your own making.

If he's not ready on time, then just LEAVE him home.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM

37,981 posts, read 55,740,290 times
Leave him outside the door and change locks would be even better, but very needy and desperate people rather put up with that crap than live alone.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

8,778 posts, read 7,698,666 times
If he doesnt want to go, then leave without him. Nagging isnt working. You might ask yourself, did you nag him into moving in, or nag him to give you a ring? How much is he really interested in you?

Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM

1,965 posts, read 958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If he doesnt want to go, then leave without him. Nagging isnt working. You might ask yourself, did you nag him into moving in, or nag him to give you a ring? How much is he really interested in you?
A deadbeat provided with room and board almost immediately? VERY interested. In the room and board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or