U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM

17,386 posts, read 21,228,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
I never dated guys who were always late......I made an exit pretty quickly in fact....
Our culture is to blame for that! In a good part of Latin America, punctuality is ignored. I have lived with a Mexican roommate for 20 years and I'd be shocked silly if punctuality ever entered his life. "I'm going to Mexico, I'll be back in 3 weeks!" So now I double or triple the time and it comes out quite accurate. Last time: 2 months!

Oscar Wilde: Punctuality is the thief of all time!

Relax! Relax! Relax! What's wrong with saying: We'll get there when we get there!

I actually enjoy people who come here for dinner who are not punctual. It gives me more time to be on the Internet! And if they don't come at all, no biggie!

Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM

766 posts, read 395,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am a very early person. I am rarely late to anything. My fiancť is on time to work, but for social events it is like pulling teeth to get him out the door. Well actually, he gets out the door on time when it is his own plans. Things that I or the kids want to do, he takes his sweet time.

I have stated he doesnít have to go, but if he never chooses to do things with us, I donít see the point of him being in our lives. I have tried a few tactics with him, with no suck luck. I have left without him. I have tried nagging him with the time. We have sat in the car, honking the horn.

What is the best way to deal without someone that causes everyone to be late?

Right now I am supposed to meet my parents and son for dinner in 45 minutes. He is in the bathroom watching YouTube videos. I have to stop at their house and pick up something and have a 45-60 minute drive to even get to the restaurant.

He is always forcing me to drive like a nut to get somewhere on time.
This is easy. Tell him.when you expect him to be ready and leave without a word when the time comes. No horn blowing in the driveway like country hillbillies, just leave. If things don't change after a time or two quit asking. It is clear he is not interested in attending these events, even if he says he is. He is just trying to pacify you. As others have told you many times it is time to find another boyfriend.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM

4 posts, read 384 times
OP. Your fiance? Teach him a lesson by not showing up to the wedding.

Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM

3,961 posts, read 2,031,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortRock View Post
OP. Your fiance? Teach him a lesson by not showing up to the wedding.
What wedding? There's never going to be a wedding with this or any other guy.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

16,041 posts, read 12,827,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who watches youtube in the bathroom. That is strange.
I am surprised you ask this. A lot of guys need entertainment on the loo and like to sit in their stink up to half an hour.

Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM

7,372 posts, read 4,224,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I didn't read her statement that way. I think she told him he doesn't have to go, but then subsequently, she's been questioning what the point is in having him around, if he's not going to participate in family activities and get-togethers.

You are correct. I just donít see the point of him, if he doesnít do things with us and around the house.

I canít just change the locks. He has to leave on his own or I need a court order. Frankly, I only have money and energy to deal with one court case at a time and my sons father is using that up, yet again. I do remind him often that he isnít here for his good looks and he needs to make it worthwhile for me to deal with him.

Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM

7,372 posts, read 4,224,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Our culture is to blame for that! In a good part of Latin America, punctuality is ignored. I have lived with a Mexican roommate for 20 years and I'd be shocked silly if punctuality ever entered his life. "I'm going to Mexico, I'll be back in 3 weeks!" So now I double or triple the time and it comes out quite accurate. Last time: 2 months!

Oscar Wilde: Punctuality is the thief of all time!

Relax! Relax! Relax! What's wrong with saying: We'll get there when we get there!

I actually enjoy people who come here for dinner who are not punctual. It gives me more time to be on the Internet! And if they don't come at all, no biggie!
I am a very type a, control freak with diagnosed ocpd. We donít go with the flow or relax.

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

7,628 posts, read 4,873,487 times
Welp. That's the dude you chose. He's shown you several times who he is so.......

Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM

33 posts, read 4,395 times
Maybe you should trade bf in for one of those "nerds" you're always hating on.

Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

1,965 posts, read 958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Maybe you should trade bf in for one of those "nerds" you're always hating on.
"Nerds" tend to be intelligent and stable, can hold down a job and handle responsibility. Usually drama-free.

Some women find this boring and prefer losers. Like attracts like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or