U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 06:19 PM

3,069 posts, read 4,207,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Now that's crazy talk! Everybody knows that guys ALWAYS want to have sex no matter what. They can work 18 hour shifts, come home help around the house, do yard work, or have mental or physical illnesses etc etc... and STILL want sex. They're robots I tell ya
Guys talk to each other too, just like women do. Every person that I have ever known has turned down/ failed to perform at some point or another in their life.

Once I couldn't get going. It was just a combination of little things like being tired. Nothing major. The women I was with, tried to shame me. I was like "whatever, I'm going to bed, nite!" She realized right there and then that that doesn't work. I've had enough sex to know, it's not always going to be, "masterful", for lack of a better word.

By the way, i love the name. I've been taping that show for years. It's one of my favorite sports shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 06:27 PM

967 posts, read 229,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm 44. But many are painting this ludicrous idea that no guy ever turns down sex. Which is completely asinine. Guys aren't always in the mood.
Oh this is silly...people are only joking about men *always* wanting sex. No one seriously thinks men can't be in a *mood* .....but for the O.P., it's more than one time & he *never* initiates it. Sex is an important part of a relationship for men A N D women....she should be asking questions because it would seem he is not attracted to her or he is cheating or maybe he is depressed...I dunno, but something is wrong.....because *most* men do want sex a lot.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 PM

3,069 posts, read 4,207,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Oh this is silly...people are only joking about men *always* wanting sex. No one seriously thinks men can't be in a *mood* .....but for the O.P., it's more than one time & he *never* initiates it. Sex is an important part of a relationship for men A N D women....she should be asking questions because it would seem he is not attracted to her or he is cheating or maybe he is depressed...I dunno, but something is wrong.....because *most* men do want sex a lot.
I can't always tell who's joking or not. It seems funny that if this were reversed, this thread probably wouldn't have lasted more than one page. Let's be honest, there's never sympathy for guys not getting it. A women can't get it, and we are all private detectives trying to figure it out. Lol, such is CD.

Guys have been dealing with this issue for years. And let's face it, nobody really gives a sh t..

At the end of the day, nobody knows why he is not wanting it. We can speculate all day long, but nobody knows. What's the point in beating a dead horse over and over that the op's man might just not be attracted to her. I'm sure she gets it by now. Because at the end of the day, again- nobody really knows. This thread just for tact sake, should just end.

And apparently I'm not the only one that can't tell if someone's joking, because it wasn't just me who felt the need to reply. So, yeah, not as silly as you want to think.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-11-2019 at 06:45 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 PM

2,113 posts, read 1,692,782 times
I don't eat Mac N Cheese everyday, despite being nearly ready to kill someone over it.

People are different. Too much of a rush to classify a problem needing a solution.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I can't always tell who's joking or not. It seems funny that if this were reversed, this thread probably wouldn't have lasted more than one page. Let's be honest, there's never sympathy for guys not getting it. A women can't get it and we are all private detectives trying to figure it out. Lol, such is CD.

Guys have been dealing with this issue for years. At the end of the day, nobody knows why he is not wanting it. We can speculate all day long, but nobody knows. What's the point in beating a dead horse over and over that the op's man might just not be attracted to her. I'm sure she gets it by now. Because at the end of the day, again- nobody really knows. This thread just for tact sake should just end.
That's why I thought she needed to talk to him.......because asking us won't solve it. It can be so many different things & it comes down to communication even before the sex, you know?

Lol...I think it is important if men aren't getting it too....it's all in communicating what we want or being able to ask what's wrong.....it's only fair for both.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:08 AM

6,315 posts, read 6,103,766 times
Quote:
I can't always tell who's joking or not. It seems funny that if this were reversed, this thread probably wouldn't have lasted more than one page. Let's be honest, there's never sympathy for guys not getting it. A women can't get it, and we are all private detectives trying to figure it out. Lol, such is CD.

Guys have been dealing with this issue for years. And let's face it, nobody really gives a sh t..
This ^^^.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:28 AM

11,899 posts, read 7,324,699 times
Quote:

At the end of the day, nobody knows why he is not wanting it. We can speculate all day long, but nobody knows. What's the point in beating a dead horse over and over that the op's man might just not be attracted to her. I'm sure she gets it by now. Because at the end of the day, again- nobody really knows. This thread just for tact sake, should just end.

And apparently I'm not the only one that can't tell if someone's joking, because it wasn't just me who felt the need to reply. So, yeah, not as silly as you want to think.
Obviously you have not paid attention at all to conversations between me and a couple of our male posters like Submariner I believe, because I have PLENTY of sympathy for men who are in relationships where their sexual needs are not being met.

I practically always recommend a book that I've found to be extremely helpful on the subject of female desire and how to encourage it in a relationship.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:25 PM

78,813 posts, read 70,635,877 times
Quote:

I usually ask if the woman is on bc or anti-depressants, both of which are known to adversely affect libido. I sometimes suggest a hormone blood work-up. I'm usually not the only one suggesting these things. People sometimes ask if the women might be depressed. It's common for members to suggest couples counseling. If there's a newborn or infant in the picture, that gets discussed as a probable cause for the mother being preoccupied and exhausted from sleep deprivation. Someone may toss out a suggestion, that she may have postpartum depression.

In any case, the OP hasn't been back for a couple of days. I wonder if no news is good news? Is her guy keeping her happily busy, now? An update would be helpful.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I usually ask if the woman is on bc or anti-depressants, both of which are known to adversely affect libido. I sometimes suggest a hormone blood work-up. I'm usually not the only one suggesting these things. People sometimes ask if the women might be depressed. It's common for members to suggest couples counseling. If there's a newborn or infant in the picture, that gets discussed as a probable cause for the mother being preoccupied and exhausted from sleep deprivation. Someone may toss out a suggestion, that she may have postpartum depression.

In any case, the OP hasn't been back for a couple of days. I wonder if no news is good news? Is her guy keeping her happily busy, now? An update would be helpful.
Those are really good suggestions Ruth but maybe a little ahead of everything because we don't know... IMO the biggest problem is no communication between the two of them about how she....or he....feels. That's going to be a big factor in *any* relationship over time, more important than sex.....not just about this problem but all that comes ahead....

If they can't work to solve a problem together......whatever the reason....there is no hope for the relationship IMO.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:06 PM

78,813 posts, read 70,635,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Those are really good suggestions Ruth but maybe a little ahead of everything because we don't know... IMO the biggest problem is no communication between the two of them about how she....or he....feels. That's going to be a big factor in *any* relationship over time, more important than sex.....not just about this problem but all that comes ahead....

If they can't work to solve a problem together......whatever the reason....there is no hope for the relationship IMO.
Yes, good point. I wasn't speaking about this case in particular. I was responding to posts by a couple of people, claiming that on C-D, no one tries to help men in relationships with a partner who's sex drive or interest enough for the man. They made a general statement, so I responded with examples of how those types of complaints are usually handled here on C-D. Other relationship forums may dismiss men's concerns of this nature, but C-D doesn't, generally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or