U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 05:51 PM

1,914 posts, read 811,826 times

Advertisements

I just broke up with my girlfriend of 9 months and am feeling horrible. She told me she was deeply in love with me a few months ago and I just wasnít feeling strongly enough. I donít believe I could fall in love with her or feelings grow stronger. I had been constantly thinking about breaking up for months.

I was very physically attracted to her and I already miss her. I miss her hug and voice already. I will miss the life we had together. The inside jokes we had together. Friends and family together. We spent so much time together and was always in constant communication. Did I do the right thing? Isnít 9 months enough time to know if you can fall in love with someone or have strong enough feelings? Is it normal to miss the person you broke up with? I canít believe itís over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 05:53 PM

43,325 posts, read 41,880,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I just broke up with my girlfriend of 9 months and am feeling horrible. She told me she was deeply in love with me a few months ago and I just wasn’t feeling strongly enough. I don’t believe I could fall in love with her or feelings grow stronger. I had been constantly thinking about breaking up for months.

I was very physically attracted to her and I already miss her. I miss her hug and voice already. I will miss the life we had together. The inside jokes we had together. Friends and family together. We spent so much time together and was always in constant communication. Did I do the right thing? Isn’t 9 months enough time to know if you can fall in love with someone or have strong enough feelings? Is it normal to miss the person you broke up with? I can’t believe it’s over.
Yes, you did the right thing. Do you remember the threads you posted here about her and how lackluster your feelings were???

Honestly, you waited too long to do it.

Advice for Dating a recently divorced girl

Dating someone who seems annoyed or unhappy in person

Old 07-09-2019, 05:53 PM

3,075 posts, read 4,206,012 times
Quote:
I just broke up with my girlfriend of 9 months and am feeling horrible. She told me she was deeply in love with me a few months ago and I just wasn’t feeling strongly enough. I don’t believe I could fall in love with her or feelings grow stronger. I had been constantly thinking about breaking up for months.

I was very physically attracted to her and I already miss her. I miss her hug and voice already. I will miss the life we had together. The inside jokes we had together. Friends and family together. We spent so much time together and was always in constant communication. Did I do the right thing? Isn’t 9 months enough time to know if you can fall in love with someone or have strong enough feelings? Is it normal to miss the person you broke up with? I can’t believe it’s over.

If you felt that way, then you did the right thing. Of course it's going to hurt right now, it just happened. The fact that she's been in your life these last nine months is going to be enough to miss her. But again, if you feel like you do above, then you did the right thing. For you and her.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
If you felt that way, then you did the right thing. Of course it's going to hurt right now, it just happened. The fact that she's been in your life these last nine months is going to be enough to miss her. But again, if you feel like you do above, then you did the right thing. For you and her.
Should I have waited longer to see if i would fall in love? Are my feelings normal and how long will I take her to recover?

Old 07-09-2019, 06:08 PM

850 posts, read 1,101,876 times
Quote:
plus, she was probably over 30 and all gross anyway, amirite?

Old 07-09-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Should I have waited longer to see if i would fall in love? Are my feelings normal and how long will I take her to recover?
no, you probably should have broken up earlier to avoid her (and you apparently) getting even more involved and invested.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
plus, she was probably over 30 and all gross anyway, amirite?

I noticed that you didn't highlight where I said that it could be his libido.

The comment was regarding both genders. Apologize if I wasn't as clear. Why does it bother you so much? You said that you were in great shape, so what's wrong? Now that you know that I was referring to "people" in general, can we just just let it go?

You are being very hypocritical. What about your little rant on men where you trashed the heck out of them. Shall I pull that up, or can we just agree to disagree at this point and move on?

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-09-2019 at 06:46 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:

I don't know. I've been with people who I wasn't that into. Some of them I became more into in time. Some I didn't. I think that you are just missing her right now and that's playing with your head. You'll start missing all of the good things about her, but try to remember that you are just not getting that "feeling" that makes you feel like you are crazy about her. That matters too. Sometimes when people stay with people who they aren't in love with, they start to resent them. I still think you did the right thing. I think that it will still take some time because you probably do love her, but you are not in love with her. Just give yourself a little time, it just happened.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-09-2019 at 06:36 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I noticed that you didn't highlight where I said that it could be his libido.

The comment was regarding both genders. Apologize if I wasn't as clear. Why does it bother you so much? You said that you were in great shape so what's wrong? Now that you know that I was referring to "people" in general, can we just just let it go?

You are being very hypocritical. What about your little rant on men where you trashed the heck out of them. Shall I pull that up, or can we just agree to disagree at this point and move on?
it was a joke. and I don't even remember who I was talking to or who said what, since someone keeps deleting everything.

and I don't know what 'rant', but I probably rant about them all the time.

sure, better to not distract anymore and have to have mommy come in and clean up our mess.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes, you did the right thing. Do you remember the threads you posted here about her and how lackluster your feelings were???

Honestly, you waited too long to do it.

Advice for Dating a recently divorced girl

Dating someone who seems annoyed or unhappy in person
She fixed all those issues. People do change and grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships