U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 09:14 AM

141 posts, read 23,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Your friend made a stupid mistake. Due to the way men's and women's evolutionary instincts operate, lying is a necessary evil in straight relationships. One thing I learned the hard way from my own relationships and the easy way from TV sitcoms, is to NEVER give my girlfriend a truthful answer. (Unless it's something 100% innocuous, like "Are you craving burgers or Chinese tonight?") Only the answers that sound true and make me look good. Case in point: "Do I look fat?" The ONLY right answer is: "What kind of question is this? How can you look fat, if you're not fat to begin with?"

So in your friend's case, if I were him, I'd say: "What, prosties? Hell, no! Those girls could be trafficked or something. And even if they're legit, I still could never forgive myself."
That's very sad that you have to pretend to be something other than who you are.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:23 AM

22,582 posts, read 24,180,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
That's very sad that you have to pretend to be something other than who you are.
Don't get him started. He legitimately believes that women are all shrill harpies out to ruin and emasculate men.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He legitimately believes that women are all shrill harpies out to ruin and emasculate men.
Oh dear. So that's why he has to pretend to be something other than what he is.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:31 AM

3,528 posts, read 1,610,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Don't get him started. He legitimately believes that women are all shrill harpies out to ruin and emasculate men.
If this weren't true, why would it be front-and-center in every TV show? Do people really enjoy watching it happen? Or is it a voyeur thing?

Old 07-14-2019, 10:34 AM

43,432 posts, read 41,960,974 times
Quote:
If this weren't true, why would it be front-and-center in every TV show? Do people really enjoy watching it happen? Or is it a voyeur thing?
Dragons are front and center in the most popular TV show on earth.

Stop basing your useless rants on TV shows.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
"It happens on TV though" is not evidence that this is what life is like.

TV exaggerates for dramatic effect. I'm sure there is the odd woman who is malicious and out to ruin those she is involved with romantically, just as there are the odd abusive, violent men around, however they don't make up the bulk of the population fortunately.

I used to watch a soap in the UK which is non-stop, awful drama. Explosions, rapes, murders, kidnaps, abuse, conflict. Just non stop destruction.

In reality if such a place existed the people who lived there would have moved away a long time ago to a much less violent place. I got sick of watching as it was such a downer. However if they just show people getting along all the time, where's the drama in that.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:08 AM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
Quote:
Really? Using what you see on TV as the basis for believing the way you do? I guess I can see why itís a struggle for you when it comes to women...

Old 07-14-2019, 11:12 AM

3,528 posts, read 1,610,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Really? Using what you see on TV as the basis for believing the way you do? I guess I can see why itís a struggle for you when it comes to women...
Art imitates life, you know.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:18 AM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
Quote:
Art imitates life, you know.
Not always. Art is often used as an escape from the ordinary. Have you never heard of Salvador Dali?

Old 07-14-2019, 02:12 PM

8,083 posts, read 6,016,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Using what you see on TV as the basis for believing the way you do
I'm still waiting for my (cartoon) car to finally change into a giant robot. Not to mention my neighbors that are talking dinosaurs.

Have you ever noticed that often times when you are having a conversation you randomly hear audience sounds. I get loud roars and claps when I enter a room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or