Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2019, 06:01 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I'd say even those things are mostly optional. My first girlfriend wasn't pretty, and she still found me. All she had to do was show interest.

That said, I was 18, and this wouldn't work today. I now turn away women who show romantic interest, because I'm at an age when most women are looking to marry a man, which I refuse to let them.
Interesting.. so what should a woman do then ? Just wait to be picked ??

Old 07-19-2019, 06:16 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
In a word, yes. But it's not that simple.

In my case, it was 2001 or 2002. Nearly all men were Blue Pilled back then, including yours truly, and #MeToo didn't exist. Relationships were overwhelmingly beneficial, including but not limited to sex. Today, the Red Pill is nearly mainstream, and 80% of men are in danger of getting #MeToo'ed. So not only do you have to "wait to be picked", you also have to find a way to show a man you're worth his time and the risk.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:42 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times
Quote:

In my case, it was 2001 or 2002. Nearly all men were Blue Pilled back then, including yours truly, and #MeToo didn't exist. Relationships were overwhelmingly beneficial, including but not limited to sex. Today, the Red Pill is nearly mainstream, and 80% of men are in danger of getting #MeToo'ed. So not only do you have to "wait to be picked", you also have to find a way to show a man you're worth his time and the risk.
Sounds pretty hopeless...

Old 07-19-2019, 07:25 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Sounds pretty hopeless...
Nah, feel free to do a little bit of the picking. To be honest, with the Red Pill as Millenial Urbanist said, guys are a little more cautious (yet still running around desperate for some goods), but we're talking about in America. You can do the picking and approaching. Women do approach in the U.S., but that is in U.S.

You don't have to wait to be picked because that doesn't seem to be working for you anyway. You probably live in an area where men are way more reserved. I live in an area where people are very desperate for something and they (the guys) almost don't care where or who they get it from.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post

There's more to attraction than all of the stuff I've done, I think. There's no guarantee in dating...it's always going to take someone who is attracted enough to say "Yes." I've made considerable progress on myself, but that just means I'm better than I was. I might have improved myself by 200 points, but if I started at -250 points, that means I'm still in the hole as far as attraction is concerned. People who've known me since before I decided I wanted to be a better man are amazed at my progress. To people I've met since...I'm nothing special. It still takes confidence and having an exciting personality to draw women in...I've got to be someone's "type." Even at my best I think there are a lot of guys who are my "type"...quiet, introverted, shy tendencies, geeky, somewhat goofy, not the greatest looking, not a strong/confident personality...and a lot fewer women who are attracted to that type. To brand types, geeky guys like me are a dime-a-dozen, so the fewer number of geeky girls have their pick of the litter. By my age they've found partners, coupled up, and the ones who are still perusing the market know they can wait for a specimen that ticks more boxes for them. I think that's been a factor honestly.
Hey man, you are selling yourself short. You can be proud of yourself of what you have done and accomplished. Old friends are amazed? You are on the right path, dude!!

I don't have an exciting personality at all, I am super quiet, don't say much. Talking about my hobbies will bring out some passion though and draw people more in.
Find a hobby or two that really excites you, become an expert in it and you will gain confidence. It will show when you talk with other people about your hobbies, they start getting interested.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:45 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
....I know how my attraction works and I’d rather be alone the rest of my life then with someone I’m not physically attracted to at all which might be my situation but so be it.
If you mean what you wrote, where's the problem?

Old 07-19-2019, 08:51 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:

No offense but this sounds like the ramblings of someone who could never attract the types of women that he truly wanted and is now trying to fake punish women who don't really care.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:57 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Nah, feel free to do a little bit of the picking. To be honest, with the Red Pill as Millenial Urbanist said, guys are a little more cautious (yet still running around desperate for some goods), but we're talking about in America. You can do the picking and approaching. Women do approach in the U.S., but that is in U.S.
The Red Pill is mostly a North American phenomenon. It's just now spreading into Europe and Australasia, and it's little known outside the Western world. Singaporean men would probably be mostly Blue Pilled, so they may still believe in chivalry and not be gun-shy about getting involved with a woman.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:06 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No offense but this sounds like the ramblings of someone who could never attract the types of women that he truly wanted and is now trying to fake punish women who don't really care.
Agreed. Just a sad shout out to other incels, about women should “wait to be picked to show they’re worthy”. This guy’s not picking anyone, so does that mean no one should do anything? SMDH.

This is prolific reading as well:
Quote:
I'm at an age when most women are looking to marry a man, which I refuse to let them.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:06 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Amazing how this sums up pretty much that entire internet school-lunch-table of guys, and everyone else's reaction to them.

"I'm not going to sit with you!"

OK.

"I am going my OWN WAY!"

Alright, cool. Go.

"I mean it! I'm going!!! You won't get to accuse me of anything!"

No one is...

"Ah! Don't you dare try to put me in a dog house! You can't have my lunch money!!"

I really don't want your lunch money. I have my own. See? This is my lunch. Right here. In front of me.

"LIES! CHAD BOUGHT YOU THAT CHICKEN BURGER!!"

Didn't you say you were going somewhere?

"I am!! I'm going my own way!"

Ohh...kayyy... Will you be doing that soon...?

"I'm only here in case there are any of the other 80% of men orbiting you that I might need to convince to go their own way, with me, when I go my own way. Sometime. But when we do, YOU'LL BE SORRY, STACEY!!!"

My name really is not Stacey. Can I eat my lunch now...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships