Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 02:06 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times

Advertisements

It cracks me up how these types post as if they are experts on relationships. Taking their relationship advice would be like taking financial advice from a broke person.

If I were a guy looking for advice, I'd take advice from those people who are in happy successful relationships.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah he uses pics of a good looking guy to lure them in then when they meet him yells at them
For being shallow
Same guys that complain about women being shallow, yet themselves, wouldn’t date an unattractive woman.

What a waste of time and effort by these bitter idiots. He’s not changing women’s preferences.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:56 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
If you actually read through the posts instead of using your agenda against me you’d see that I didn’t bring these things up and after they were brought up I was bashing these groups so I don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

Maybe pay attention before you type some bullsh1t
That seems to be the cool thing. Some people come on here with the sole purpose of demonizing someone. This often involves taking one word or phrase out of context or twist what you say so that you can be seen as the enemy. I've had that happen to me on a forum.

It's exhausting. My suspicion is that they know the actual meaning of what they are reading, but just have an agenda that they are desperate to push. Just my suspicion

As far as why it turns into the redpill, blue pill, purple pill, black pill, any type of pill discussion, this stuff is just everywhere. And it is applied to relationships. One way or another it is going to come up.

OT (Original Topic)

Nothing is guaranteed to work out. And if you're not attracted to someone, you don't have to give it a chance.

I think attraction works differently for people. In my case, I may have to be emotionally, mentally, and spiritually attracted to a person as well as physically for it to be ideal. And one of the ways of being attracted have an effect on the other ways I am attracted. For instance, if I am emotionally attracted to someone, I may also find myself physically attracted to her in a way.

I've realized that in many cases if I'm not physically attracted to someone (to the point where the idea of being with them gives me apprehension), it could also mean that we are not compatible in other ways.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:39 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
One response you received said that women should just be really pretty and feminine, among other things. Those traits help, quite a bit, but just as there are men, and most men really, who aren't wealthy or particularly attractive who find partners, there are women, most women really, who aren't "really" pretty or demur but still find partners. So it's not hopeless.

It seems that you have some romantic expectations or hopes that aren't being met. It sounds like you don't think you're pretty, or pretty enough. I can understand how you might feel that way. Not because you're not pretty enough, and not because something called pretty enough even exists, because it doesn't, but because people who aren't all that conventionally attractive sometimes have bad experiences and over time can lose hope.

Assuming that you have some real challenges that make dating and romance difficult for you, feeling hopeless only adds to your challenge, and possibly blinds you to possibilities. As I've said, I understand how you may have gotten frustrated, but it's still something you need to deal with. Once your head is clear and you feel a bit more open to possibilities, there's still no one way to meet men that works for every woman. So not knowing you, the generic advice to pay attention to your appearance, highlighting your strong points, being someone people want to talk to and having something you're passionate about to discuss, and then going where available men might be all seems apt. And if I were you, I wouldn't always wait for a man to pick me. You can pick, too.
Good morning from Singapore ... it’s close to 10am over here now..

Didn’t expect so much response and appreciate the comments and insight ..
homina’s response resonate with me the most .. lol

I am in good shape.. not conventional pretty .. I always get people telling me it is not all about looks , but I do t know what to conclude or derive from this ..

Well there are godness gals like Jennifer Aniston (some may not think she is a godness) who still haven’t found her match .. and there are many others not so pretty gals who find their partners ..

Old 07-19-2019, 08:57 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Oh please - equating feminism with this red pill stuff?

The difference is that feminism fights for equality in various areas of life, such as the gender pay gap or the right to not be sexually harassed. Women want safety and equality.

This red pill nonsense, on the other hand, is about entitlement to sex, no more no less. Please don't make it sound like a noble cause or movement. It isn't. It's a sad backlash to women actually having more agency and say in their own lives right now.
i was gonna' say. there are only 2 types of persons as it relates to this. one is either a feminist; x-or, a sexist.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
BTW who are Chad and Stacey?

Old 07-19-2019, 09:42 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More importantly: Why exactly was thread started?

Old 07-19-2019, 10:34 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Because he went on a date with a women!

Old 07-19-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
You don't have to read and reply if you don't like this thread. I didn't see any sinister motives in this thread. I took it as him sharing his experience.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
They are my close friends and fellow spies, we had each other's back in... (Insert war)

Hold up. How do you know about them?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships