Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 02:22 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,340,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I implore you, to figure out how these butt ugly broke dudes get with attractive women and you’ll get more dates.
Yeah, I need to know my secrets because even I can't comprehend my luck with women. Must be an AZ thing.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:24 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,097,579 times
I appreciate the advice from everyone I know it doesn’t seem like it sometimes but I just get in my own head a lot.

Im just very sensitive at times and i really want to find love.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:32 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I appreciate the advice from everyone I know it doesn’t seem like it sometimes but I just get in my own head a lot.

Im just very sensitive at times and i really want to find love.
What are you doing to improve yourself to attract the women you want?

Old 07-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
What are you doing to improve yourself to attract the women you want?
I’ve been working out since February 3 or 4 days a week.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:47 PM

1,593 posts, read 775,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I don't when people say "they can't get dates" I feel they're just not trying hard enough, or they're looking in the wrong places.
It’s possible.

In OP’s case, though, dating may be difficult, but clearly something worked for him. That’s what I’d be celebrating. To me the positives would far outweigh the negatives.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:04 PM

34,227 posts, read 18,554,425 times
Quote:
Not this date in general but the fact it took years for me to get one message from someone I’m not even attracted to.

Doesn’t bode well for me.
So why are you waiting for a message on a dating site? Go out, do stuff that you like that other people do. Biking, hiking, skiing, or other hobbies. If you have some interest join a club in your community to do that stuff with others. That is how you meet people. It may be a woman there or you may hit it off with people that have single friends. Network.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:57 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,557 times
Quote:
I’ve tried old and it never worked for me.. couldn’t ever get a response back.. I never deleted my profile but I stayed off it and after a few years I got my first message from a lady.

I knew by her picture I had no physical attraction at all but since I can never get dates I figured why not give it a shot even knowing myself and how my attraction works that this probably would go nowhere.

She was fine as a person had fun taking to her but there was no way I could ever be intimate wit her. She called me and asked for another date I felt bad but I just couldn’t do it. There was no way I could picture even kissing her.

I know how my attraction works and I’d rather be alone the rest of my life then with someone I’m not physically attracted to at all which might be my situation but so be it.

You should always go out with the person whom you are attracted to.Period.It doesn't make sense going out with someone whom you know you're not attracted to.It is wasting your time and their time because of course the one that you're not attracted to is attracted to you and now you have that issue to deal with.There is nothing wrong with dating on attraction.Sometimes it can lead to more or sometimes not but at least you were honest with yourself in whom you're attracted to instead of trying something different.
You know yourself in that aspect so why change it?In order to really get to know someone first..there first must be an attraction toward each other to have a chance in moving forward to get to know more about that person.There are some women who have done the same thing...dating someone they're not attracted to.Don't understand why both sexes tend to do this.
Yes..there are more important things in dating then attraction BUT isn't that a very big part of it?..not the main thing BUT it has to be there in order to get a chance for someone to really let you in to learn more about them.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:00 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,642 times
Quote:
I’ve been working out since February 3 or 4 days a week.
Thats it? You cant talk to women with muscles. What are you doing to attract them to you when you speak to them?

Old 07-11-2019, 05:38 PM

1,238 posts, read 819,773 times
Quote:
So levels are only about looks?

I’d rather be alone then with someone I’m not attracted to at all who’s “on my level”

I can’t control who I’m attracted to
Apparently for you, they are.

I disagree a little bit with the last sentence. I completely agree that you can't be attracted to everyone, but I think you do have some conscious control over where the line gets drawn with the 'maybe' options. Focusing on the positive (the physical quality you find most attractive about a girl) rather than the negative (the physical qualities you aren't attracted to) can go a long way towards setting realistic standards. Otherwise you can find yourself waiting for perfection.. and you may wait a long time!

Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
Apparently for you, they are.

I disagree a little bit with the last sentence. I completely agree that you can't be attracted to everyone, but I think you do have some conscious control over where the line gets drawn with the 'maybe' options. Focusing on the positive (the physical quality you find most attractive about a girl) rather than the negative (the physical qualities you aren't attracted to) can go a long way towards setting realistic standards. Otherwise you can find yourself waiting for perfection.. and you may wait a long time!
Oh beleive me I have a pretty diverse taste and I’m not looking for perfection. But there’s some women I just find nothing attractive about physically and can’t make it work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.