U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM

106 posts, read 80,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZCEE View Post
First I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply and I felt I should give an update on the situation.

Again, I am not against us living together but felt that our circumstances were the problem and “separate lives together” was the best we could do. .

The situation WAS that my 31 year old daughter and I had purchased a house together last year. It is in her name although I provided the funds for the down-payment and move. My one and only had committed to living with her sister and teenage nephews.

It seems fate has intervened, as it often does.

My daughter’s long term boyfriend has “grown up” and they want to start a family together. He is intent on and has the smarts and education to pursue a career as an actuary. He is prepping for the tests right now.

They have an opportunity to live together in a house owned by his parents and are anxious to do so. She will be moving out as early as September.

After spending a few weeks in discussion; my O&O and her sister have decided that their lifestyles are totally incompatible. They cannot and will not be living together.

My O&O and I will start co-habituating here in my Daughter’s house on a trial basis in September when my daughter moves out. If it goes well, as I hope and expect it will, my one and only will move in completely when her apartment lease expires in December.

We will be renting this house from my Daughter with the same rights and responsibilities of any tenants. We will be splitting living expenses 50/50.

As before we are deeply in love, thrive on each other’s company and both feel that we were “meant” to be a couple. We want to make a home filled with family, friends, laughter and love.

Thanks again for your replies
Best wishes to you both. Go forth and be merry <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:22 AM

8,884 posts, read 7,759,637 times
Yes, I know a couple like this. Both seemed happy with the arrangement. Its not common. Most of the senior unmarried couples I've known did live together. Funny thing is, there are also lots of married couples, who stayed married be each went their own way and did totally separate ways. They might not see each other for months.

If I were you, I'd maintain separate homes. I think it would cut down on fights. Makes breakup a lot easier. You gf doesnt have a good track record with relationships either. Besides, moving is a pain.

Old Today, 08:31 AM

43,554 posts, read 42,131,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZCEE View Post
A agree. I am always a seeker of knowledge and my intent in the OP was to establish if "separate lives together" was weird at our ages. I did not think it was and the responses on here support that.
Good luck. I do hope it goes well, especially since you were against living together in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or