Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 12:07 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
The spam I see is anything but sophisticated lol.

I like messaging to set up dates.
I wanna make sure I am talking to a woman so maybe that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Sounds really fun.

Meaning that you will now have more opportunities to meet and be out on dates rather than endless messages back and forth that leads to nothing.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:42 PM

1,246 posts, read 823,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I wanna make sure I am talking to a woman so maybe that's just me.
Who/what else would you be talking with?

The whole point of a catfish scam is to get something from you online. If you're making plans to meet in person, then it's over. I truly cannot imagine some gay dude arranging to meet you for a date and hoping that you'd fall for him instead of the babe in his profile pictures, lol.

I only asked for a phone call before a first date once. I was picking her up to go hiking at our favorite state park, which bent my rule to always meet in a public place. We first exchanged #s, added each other as Facebook friends, etc.

Phone calls do give you a better sense for someone, no disagreement there. But I talk on the phone a lot at work and I'd rather just meet up for a quick dinner date and decide based on face-to-face interaction. It's more fun.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:

The whole point of a catfish scam is to get something from you online. If you're making plans to meet in person, then it's over. I truly cannot imagine some gay dude arranging to meet you for a date and hoping that you'd fall for him instead of the babe in his profile pictures, lol.

I only asked for a phone call before a first date once. I was picking her up to go hiking at our favorite state park, which bent my rule to always meet in a public place. We first exchanged #s, added each other as Facebook friends, etc.

Phone calls do give you a better sense for someone, no disagreement there. But I talk on the phone a lot at work and I'd rather just meet up for a quick dinner date and decide based on face-to-face interaction. It's more fun.

a man pretending to be a woman and not confirmed until I hear the voice

Old 07-13-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Trannys think that most men love long hair and makeup and try their best to present that image in pics and look for men who maybe down with it. And I don't add anyone I go on dates with to my facebook which never made sense to me

Old 07-13-2019, 01:14 PM

1,246 posts, read 823,333 times
Quote:
Trannys think that most men love long hair and makeup and try their best to present that image in pics and look for men who maybe down with it. And I don't add anyone I go on dates with to my facebook which never made sense to me

I've never had an issue with that. Can you not tell from their pictures? I don't like the heavy makeup look though.

Facebook isn't reality, but it does give some assurance that the account holder exists.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:

I've never had an issue with that. Can you not tell from their pictures? I don't like the heavy makeup look though.

Facebook isn't reality, but it does give some assurance that the account holder exists.

Sometimes you can but I just like to be sure before I step out and meet someone in public. I don't want to be out in public with anyone who has tranny look which usually the heavy makeup look

Old 07-13-2019, 03:40 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Sometimes you can but I just like to be sure before I step out and meet someone in public. I don't want to be out in public with anyone who has tranny look which usually the heavy makeup look
It’s a sure way for a “tranny” to get beat up, pretend to be a woman to go out with a guy they don’t know...why would they bring that on? Just agree to meet people in person. It’s hard enough getting someone to actually leave their house it seems, let alone worrying about all this other kooky stuff people here do.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:08 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
It’s a sure way for a “tranny” to get beat up, pretend to be a woman to go out with a guy they don’t know...why would they bring that on? Just agree to meet people in person. It’s hard enough getting someone to actually leave their house it seems, let alone worrying about all this other kooky stuff people here do.
It's 2019; they're not pretending anymore. Didn't Jenner win Woman of The Year?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:47 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
That's already been litigated here. It's essentially a shameless Tinder clone (probably should be paying a royalty) + a layer of inequality.
Bumble was started by one of the co-founders of Tinder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships