U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:30 PM

268 posts, read 154,479 times

Advertisements

in this situation, your pretty much at the mercy of what the woman decides to do. guys have pretty much 0 say in this situation

messed up? probably , but thats how it is

I think if you want someone to get an abortion , but they want to keep it...then the guy should be able to opt out of child support.

Old Today, 02:32 PM

57 posts, read 6,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post

I think if you want someone to get an abortion , but they want to keep it...then the guy should be able to opt out of child support.
If men don't want to pay child support, all they need to do is keep it in their pants and don't get anyone pregnant. Simple.

Old Today, 02:35 PM

6,543 posts, read 7,806,331 times
Quote:
in this situation, your pretty much at the mercy of what the woman decides to do. guys have pretty much 0 say in this situation

That's not how it works. It takes two to procreate. And in the human species babies are carried in the female body. Every man and every woman knows that. When you decide to have unprotected sex you know that pregnancy is a possibility. There is no opting out of your decision to have unprotected sex. Own it and deal with it.

Old Today, 02:35 PM

^ ^

What rrah said.

Old Today, 02:37 PM

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You should have used a condom.

You cannot force someone to have an abortion.
Of course I cannot force her. But I hope I can get her to think rationally and see the full picture.

Old Today, 02:38 PM

7,638 posts, read 4,880,105 times
Quote:

Unless a woman is forcing/threatening you to have unprotected sex with her, there is no excuse. If you are a grown man that understands how sex works, it's not someone else's responsibility to protect you. Point blank period.

Last edited by Auraliea; Today at 02:54 PM..

Old Today, 02:39 PM

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Well now it is done with, and you have no control over what happens next , perhaps the best thing is to look at the positives.
Well, I can hardly think of one...

Old Today, 02:41 PM

22,698 posts, read 28,731,890 times
A man has plenty of say about pregnancy. But his say in the matter ends at the point where he loses track of where his semen is. Your period of input is over, OP.

And while we are beating up on you, be aware that not wanting a baby is not a sufficient method of birth control.

Old Today, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshamTR View Post
Well, I can hardly think of one...
I take it from how you are taking about it, that you have never wanted children?

Old Today, 02:44 PM

Personally I think when it comes to children, men get a pretty sweet deal. They don't have to carry the pregnancy, give birth, they don't have to breast feed it, etc. I'd love to be a man who gets to have a child that I only see every weekend and without all the discomforts of pregnancy and childbirth.

I'm a woman though.

I think there could be much worse things than paying child support and having a child that you are presumably going to get to know, help to raise, etc. I presume that you won't have to have full custody or anything like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or