U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:19 PM

817 posts, read 213,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Since when do unwanted children get in the way of a manís career?

I hope you apologize to the mother and reevaluate the kind of role model you want to be. Plenty of men do a fantastic job, even if caught by surprise. My dad is one of them.
Was your Dad married to or in a relationship your Mom? If so, I think it's an important factor. The OP was in a casual relationship with this woman mainly for sex. How well does he really know this woman in terms of raising a child with her? What if she has the child and then doesn't hold up her end of responsibility?

Old Today, 04:19 PM

57 posts, read 6,577 times
I'm also curious about what sort of job takes up every waking moment and all of your emotional energy to the point that you have no time for relationships or family. I have a busy career but I don't know anyone with that sort of job.

No need to answer OP, I'm just being nosy.

Old Today, 04:36 PM

9,882 posts, read 20,166,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Was your Dad married to or in a relationship your Mom? If so, I think it's an important factor. The OP was in a casual relationship with this woman mainly for sex. How well does he really know this woman in terms of raising a child with her? What if she has the child and then doesn't hold up her end of responsibility?
They were in a serious relationship but both were still in college.

Old Today, 04:38 PM

22,564 posts, read 24,148,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I'm also curious about what sort of job takes up every waking moment and all of your emotional energy to the point that you have no time for relationships or family. I have a busy career but I don't know anyone with that sort of job.

No need to answer OP, I'm just being nosy.
That, and if the OP was 23, I could almost (almost!) understand his naivete, but at 34, dude knows where babies come from and how to use his words in a relationship, even a casual one.

Old Today, 05:29 PM

6,820 posts, read 3,867,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That, and if the OP was 23, I could almost (almost!) understand his naivete, but at 34, dude knows where babies come from and how to use his words in a relationship, even a casual one.

Apparently not in this case.

Old Today, 06:14 PM

1,411 posts, read 550,512 times
You do know that anytime one has sex..there is always a chance that one can get pregnant.So for YOU to be angry when she told you that she's pregnant was ignorant on your part.It's like you were blaming her for getting pregnant when at your age,you should know there is always a chance for that to happen...no matter how cautious one might have thought they were.It happens.She didn't get pregnant on her own.
If she decides to still go ahead and have this child...just sign your rights away as the father and go about your business since you don't want to be dealing with it. You can't force her to do something she doesn't want to do just like she can't force you to be involved with this if you don't want to.Just sign away your rights when the baby is born.

Old Today, 06:23 PM

6,333 posts, read 3,408,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshamTR View Post
I was careless. Not trying to point out who's to blame here, that's not the issue.
So she and a preborn baby have to face the consequences because you got careless?

Old Today, 06:26 PM

10,181 posts, read 4,062,362 times
I kind of can't get over the arrogance of knowingly having unprotected sex with a woman you don't love, and then getting ANGRY at her that she's pregnant.

Old Today, 06:26 PM

6,333 posts, read 3,408,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshamTR View Post
Children are a source of worries and problems in general. It's not the child support, really. Fortunately, I can afford it and even if I was in a relationship with the mother and we decided to have a child, I would have to pay regardless.

It's just that you have to raise them, they get sick, etc. All of that can make you less available for your career.
Exactly what career do you have that is so all consuming that you only have time for sex?

Old Today, 06:29 PM

17,052 posts, read 17,361,139 times
Several people posted that the OP should "sign away his rights" to the baby once it is born (because of his anger & rage issues). Am I correct that the father is still responsible for paying child support but just won't have any rights of visitation with the child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or