U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 06:53 AM

13,768 posts, read 12,759,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Women are much less likely to be loners in my experience. They have a greater need for socialization.

As for good looking loners, good looks always speaks for itself.

I remember we knew this half-Asian, half-white guy who was a pretty good looking guy. Almost never spoke. Zero charisma or personality. In my social circle was this girl who was a total party girl, one of the most extroverted people you'll ever meet. And she was all over it from the first minute.

I know where you're coming from though. It's like a dream of young men who are loners that they will find a cute woman who is also socially awkward, so that way her expectations aren't for a guy to have charisma through the roof just for a date.

As a generality though, even more socially awkward women have many options...
I don't think most women are expecting that whether they're loners or not. Charisma does not play a part in whether or not I'm interested in someone. And "charisma through the roof?" I can't recall ever thinking that about anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 07:40 AM

9,966 posts, read 6,163,835 times
I would say I'm a loner... except I have a wife and friends.

While I do like my alone time, I enjoy spending time with my wife and bonding with my stepson.

My friends are pretty chill as well.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:41 PM

2,060 posts, read 562,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Just because someone gets attention doesn't mean the attention is welcome. Some people, even attractive people, simply want to be left alone or to socialize on their own terms.
Oh, so you're saying by choice? Sorry, I read that wrong. I mean, anyone's going to be a loner and looks have nothing to do with it if you're making a choice to be alone, obviously.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:42 PM

2,060 posts, read 562,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I would say I'm a loner... except I have a wife and friends.

While I do like my alone time, I enjoy spending time with my wife and bonding with my stepson.

My friends are pretty chill as well.
Well, you're married, you got what you want. Single people are less likely to desire being alone. This is why married people vanish into thin air once they get married and disappear from their single friends social circles. lol

Old Today, 12:13 AM

690 posts, read 437,974 times
there are female introverts (dont confuse with being shy)

and female shy introverts.

As far as relationships, a relatively attractive shy female will always have a better chance at a relationship as an equally attractive, shy male. Guys will approach the shy female, girls will not approach the shy guy. Shyness is - at worse - a neutral personality trait in women, but definitely a negative one in men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or