U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 02:38 PM

7 posts, read 691 times

Advertisements

Both being single and being in a relationship but I don't mind being at the moment but love finds you when you least expect it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 03:23 PM

1,434 posts, read 584,298 times
OP I totally feel you. I am 33, single and very happy and have been for 10 years. Are there moments where I feel lonely? Well of course, but that is life, one can never escape that. People in relationships feel lonely all the time. Some are even dreadfully lonely. I would say I feel a lot less lonely

Now, the only time I see it as a problem is if you are single because you fear of being in a relationship. If you meet someone and they pique your interest you should pursue that and be open to that. I am someone who is against dating for the sake of dating. I am a believer that you need to live your right life, doing the things you value and are healthy for you, and that will bring the right person into your life. To me finding a serious and good relationship usually takes a lot of patience and time, something most people don't want to do.

OP as long as your happy and aren't purposely trying to avoid a relationship or not allowing yourself to be in love, there is NOTHING wrong with you. Most of my friends are in relationships and in all honesty, I find that I am much much happier than most of them. That's because most of them don't feel fulfilled unless in a relationship. To me that is a reflection that you are not happy as a person, therefore you seek out someone that can make it up for that (which I think is nonsense).

Old 07-16-2019, 05:08 PM

704 posts, read 311,455 times
Well, I guess I'm not the only weirdo ha. My dating life has been extremely sporadic also. I'm 39 and my last attempt at dating was at 36. Before that, 25. I'm the jealous, untrusting type. But to be fair, I had reason. Dating is not for me. I realize it, and I realize I'm happier this way. No jealousy anymore, and I don't have to lose sleep worrying about being two timed. I probably have relatives who think I'm gay, but you can't live life according to what people might think. It isn't their life. Gotta do what's in your comfort zone. Tons of people are married who are miserable. I'm not miserable. I guess your situation is more complicated because you want kids, but you can adopt.

Old Today, 10:13 AM

112 posts, read 23,493 times
"Tons of people are married who are miserable."

50%+ of first marriages end in divorce, and this number doesn't count the intact but unhappy marriages. Using this methodology, the majority of marriages failed or are at least unhappy.

A person DOES NOT need a significant other to be a complete person, nor does a committed relationship guarantee happiness, sex, companionship, fulfillment, love, or not dying alone.

Old Today, 11:36 AM

16,113 posts, read 12,863,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl1981 View Post
I'm a 37 year old guy and have been single since I was 25. I've only had two serious relationships (one for about 6 months when I was 18 and the other for a year and a half at age 24-25). I've had friends and family try to set me up on blind dates from time to time but in all honesty, I'm just not all that interested in dating and tell them no thanks. When I've pictured myself in the future, I can see myself having kids and would like to be a dad, but I just can't see myself in a serious relationship, mainly from lack of interest. Is this weird?
Well, you are not a spring chicken anymore, so the future is now or not far away, you would have to change your mind in the near future.

However, there is nothing bad with not wanting a relationship. Why don't you look into either adopting or big brother thing or fostering?

Old Today, 08:17 PM

15 posts, read 2,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl1981 View Post
I'm a 37 year old guy and have been single since I was 25. I've only had two serious relationships (one for about 6 months when I was 18 and the other for a year and a half at age 24-25). I've had friends and family try to set me up on blind dates from time to time but in all honesty, I'm just not all that interested in dating and tell them no thanks. When I've pictured myself in the future, I can see myself having kids and would like to be a dad, but I just can't see myself in a serious relationship, mainly from lack of interest. Is this weird?
No its not weird at all. I have had a couple serious long term relationships and now I am single by choice. I am really enjoying it and in no hurry to find anyone. I'm not sure I want to give up my carefree life. I'm not against it, but honestly I find peace and comfort with my situation.

Old Today, 08:45 PM

100 posts, read 14,193 times
I am perfectly okay with being single, but I like dating, too. If you are not happy with yourself as a single person, you probably shouldn't be dating anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or