U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

5,485 posts, read 8,163,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
There is a reason people are exes. They should stay that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He's doing it again. Don't participate. Find someone that respects you and your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Dude is not giving you any respect, just like he didn't the first time you were dating. Why would you give him a second chance to be so dismissive? Nobody is worth being treated that way.
I totally agree, BE DONE! You have the power & a mind of your own...I hope. Don't let him decide for the both of you what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

4,798 posts, read 1,445,323 times
I think we need more information about this relationship. Past and current.

Everyone replying seems to think they have the solution, but it's not clear at all what's going on here.

Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM

111 posts, read 35,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
How can I get the man to see this is not how I want to be treated!..by telling him what you've told us.Sounds like you're very frustrated with the situation as you should be BUT you need to verbally tell him what you've told us.You're not getting what you want from this relationship.
So I should tell him? Or should I just walk away and forget him? I tried that before and he came back. I didn't ever want to cut him out completely because we were friends first and I've known him for awhile. What should I say to him?

Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM

14,808 posts, read 12,262,507 times
Walk away and forget about him. Tough to do, but imperative.

Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM

43,366 posts, read 41,900,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
So I should tell him? Or should I just walk away and forget him? I tried that before and he came back. I didn't ever want to cut him out completely because we were friends first and I've known him for awhile. What should I say to him?
"This isn't working for me. I should have learned after the first time, but I've finally learned this time that I can't do this because I don't like the way you treat me. I won't be contacting you anymore, and I don't expect you to contact me. I wish you the best."

Then delete, BLOCK and move on.

Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM

14,808 posts, read 12,262,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
"This isn't working for me. I should have learned after the first time, but I've finally learned this time that I can't do this because I don't like the way you treat me. I won't be contacting you anymore, and I don't expect you to contact me. I wish you the best."

She can’t let go. I assume, she’s afraid of being alone.

Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM

4,798 posts, read 1,445,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

But that doesn't give him an opportunity to fix the problem....and it sounds like the problem hasn't even been discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or