Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 05:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Oh sure, what a simple solution. Why don't I just pack up now?
FFS, you need to do something if you don't like living where you are other than complain anonymously on an internet forum. I myself am looking forward to moving there in three years, and even an old man like me might start a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 03:45 AM

818 posts, read 456,415 times
l'm moving again in a year or two , think l'm older than altguy/
My vote, finish ya house sell at a profit hopefully grab your cash and get outa there. Or buy a truck and grow a beard , kidden , actually always wanted to drive a truck , not for work though.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:42 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I never really wanted kids. I picked friends who don't like them either. My puberty lasted until my late 20s (heavily partying but stable bf). Then I was a devoted wife. Since 7 years single on and off, I would only date guys who don't want/like children.

When I was 39 I spent some time around my nieces and realized I am very nurturing and caring. I thought it would be nice to have children, not necessarily my own. I don't have the necessary $$$$$ though to give them a good upbringing.

I opened myself up to dating fathers. I am dating a guy right now with 3 children (they are 12 and the twins are 9), full custody and I love being part of their family. He wants me to get pregnant but I am 42 and we haven't been together for long enough. I am totally okay with just being a step mom.
I have one child and two grandkids and the more children one has the more layers of worry and concerns one brings to their lives. Glad I had one and NO MORE.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:13 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
At my age if my hat blows off my head and rolls away my thought is to let it go I’ll get another one. Hahaha!

And dropping anything less that a dollar isn't worth stooping to pick up !

Old 07-26-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Exactly, and it seems every over 50 woman has leather skin here from the sun. NOT attractive. Plus, they don't stay in shape at all. I was at a singles event last Thursday and noticed this. There's just nothing to choose from here.

Boulder has to be near the top of the list for fit, attractive women in my bracket [55]. But years of sunbathing, hiking, cycling, and running (boating/water sports not big here) has left them with that liver-spotted, leathery, deeply creased upper chest area. It can add 15 visual years.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:25 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Boulder has to be near the top of the list for fit, attractive women in my bracket [55]. But years of sunbathing, hiking, cycling, and running (boating/water sports not big here) has left them with that liver-spotted, leathery, deeply creased upper chest area. It can add 15 visual years.
It sure can. I've seen it. I obsess over the sun damage on my arms and how bad that must look. I don't have it anywhere else (including my face) thank God. Shame we didn't know then what we do now. Some people know and still don't care. I can't be with someone like that.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Yep. I live in the twilight zone where women only want men who drive trucks and have beards.

I'd hit it off with those women, imagine living near me, where women only want men who are vegan, drink soy lattes and drive Subarus.

Edited to add: two and a half years ago, at 52, I packed up and left my home of all of my 52 years (Maryland), and moved me and ADogNamedSam 1,650 miles west to Colorado.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:44 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
I'd hit it off with those women, imagine living near me, where women only want men who are vegan, drink soy lattes and drive Subarus.

Edited to add: two and a half years ago, at 52, I packed up and left my home of all of my 52 years (Maryland), and moved me and ADogNamedSam 1,650 miles west to Colorado.
I'll be doing the same, eventually. Back to Atlanta or some other eastern city.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:45 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
It sure can. I've seen it. I obsess over the sun damage on my arms and how bad that must look. I don't have it anywhere else (including my face) thank God. Shame we didn't know then what we do now. Some people know and still don't care. I can't be with someone like that.
It seems a bit like you create your own difficulties, to a degree.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:47 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
40 is the new 30!
Wasn't the case for my ovaries.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships