U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:09 AM

12,667 posts, read 10,025,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
The fiasco is that that guy is a white supremacist and male supremacist. He thinks woman should be mothers because that's what male supremacists espouse - they believe that womens' value is only in their sexual and reproductive capacity
And let The Handmaid's Tale begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:50 AM

4,532 posts, read 4,340,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waanaabe View Post
Sure.'m highly educated, have a choice of careers if I get bored, I I could all those things and yet, I'd give it all away right now to be pregnant. Glorious sex life? wait til your vagina gets so tight you think you've had a new one ripped.

I don't know, people: having a child is an investment in the future of a really different kind. It's the zen garden (I don't mean quiet) of those who came to hate being selfish; if it does not appeal to you, don't diss it. It's not about "occupying" your time, or seeming glamorous so people envy you. I have not read the (apparently) terrible comment, but you all are comparing apples and oranges. BTW: adopting a child is HARD, and can cost more, and take longer than IVF. If anyone wants to trade a a foetus for a kidney, let's go!
-not a man, past forty and not preaching how anyone should live (except for that "don't diss it! part)
Totally agree with you. I'd give up a lot to have a family. As it is, I gave up a chance at a family to recover my career post recession. That's such a hard thing to go through...live paycheck to paycheck and be underemployed with kids or recover fully with a chance at a decent retirement, but never have a family. Awful choice to have to make.

Old Today, 08:48 AM

13,371 posts, read 25,678,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
And let The Handmaid's Tale begin.
It's already in semi-full swing in the U.S.

Old Today, 08:57 AM

7,506 posts, read 11,643,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Totally agree with you. I'd give up a lot to have a family. As it is, I gave up a chance at a family to recover my career post recession. That's such a hard thing to go through...live paycheck to paycheck and be underemployed with kids or recover fully with a chance at a decent retirement, but never have a family. Awful choice to have to make.
If you're financially stable at this point, you should consider adoption.

Lots of people get married, have kids, and divorce or become widowed anyway.

Having kids is not something I've written off, but its not a strong tug, and at this point, it's been the case for many years.

My mom actually told me that when I was in my teens or early 20s, I mentioned something to them about having a family and kids and I was like ... "Really, I don't remember."

But if I had an overwhelming pull, I'd or do foster care.

Old Today, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
If you're financially stable at this point, you should consider adoption.

Lots of people get married, have kids, and divorce or become widowed anyway.

Having kids is not something I've written off, but its not a strong tug, and at this point, it's been the case for many years.

My mom actually told me that when I was in my teens or early 20s, I mentioned something to them about having a family and kids and I was like ... "Really, I don't remember."

But if I had an overwhelming pull, I'd or do foster care.
Sure, I'd consider those things, just not as a single man. No way. I was a big brother for a while, but it wasn't as rewarding as I'd hoped it would be.

Old Today, 09:22 AM

36,882 posts, read 42,204,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Sure, I'd consider those things, just not as a single man. No way. I was a big brother for a while, but it wasn't as rewarding as I'd hoped it would be.
what were you hoping to get out of it?

You may have unrealistic expectations of parenthood.

Old Today, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
what were you hoping to get out of it?

You may have unrealistic expectations of parenthood.
Oh I just think I was unprepared to deal with a 12 year old. I didn't have the tools. I've learned a lot since then, just from being around my niece and more kids in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or