U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:39 AM

656 posts, read 497,486 times

Advertisements

My wife and I had our second daughter, she was 40 years old and I was 43. From what I saw in the hospital, it is not so strange that people of our age have children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 08:58 AM

36,707 posts, read 41,991,338 times
It's definitely increasingly less uncommon, for a number of reasons.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:24 PM

3,996 posts, read 1,713,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's definitely increasingly less uncommon, for a number of reasons.
Absolutely. I worked with one guy who had 2 kids under five at age 50. I think his wife was around 40 at the time. I have a coworker now who has one older child who is college age, but he is 45+ and in a second marriage with two toddlers. I also work with one woman who had 2 in her late 30s/early 40s and another woman who had her first at 39. I have several other female friends who had their third/fourth kids at around 39-41.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:40 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 18 days ago)

9,681 posts, read 3,694,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waanaabe View Post
Hi, I'm new so I'll start with something I read and was shocked by. In a similar forum, a woman posted that men over 40 often check the "wanting children" box in dating site. This, a total 100% or responders attributed to a gimmick to meet younger women.
If a much older man already has kids, I'd wonder why he wanted more, or wanted a second family. Fact is many over 40 men on dating sites are putting younger women as their preference, with no real justification for it. And most 25 year old women aren't interested in 45 year old guys, for the most part. I'd take the man more seriously if he didn't already have kids. I think it's just fine for 40 or 50 year old men to start a family. Nothing wrong with older parents.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:46 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,305,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If a much older man already has kids, I'd wonder why he wanted more, or wanted a second family. Fact is many over 40 men on dating sites are putting younger women as their preference, with no real justification for it. And most 25 year old women aren't interested in 45 year old guys, for the most part. I'd take the man more seriously if he didn't already have kids. I think it's just fine for 40 or 50 year old men to start a family. Nothing wrong with older parents.
Good to know, and that is my reason for wanting a woman 10-15 years younger. It ain't easy at all finding it.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:04 PM

656 posts, read 497,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
And most 25 year old women aren't interested in 45 year old guys, for the most part.
Are you sure? I have seen many women in the range of 25-30 year old interested in men in the range 40-45 years old. Maybe they are looking for someone more stable both economically and mentally.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:08 PM

2,434 posts, read 923,255 times
Another fishing expedition eh

Old 07-18-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Are you sure? I have seen many women in the range of 25-30 year old interested in men in the range 40-45 years old. Maybe they are looking for someone more stable both economically and mentally.
They may be looking for a sugar daddy. But a 30 year old and 40 year old? Not a huge age difference. I'm talking about men in their 50s & 60s wanting to date women in their 20s but the women in their 20s were not interested. It stands to reason there will be a generation gap and difference in interests and lifestyles.

I noticed with the male profiles who stated they were open to dating older women. Read between the lines, it was due to the man needing a female partner with money. One guy's profile said he wanted to date women over 40 (he was in his 30s) and said he hoped to find a woman who "didn't care about the almighty dollar". I guess he was broke or something. An older, more mature woman with money would be ideal for him - she could pay for everything.

I was always open to dating much older men but none of my female friends were. In fact, one of my women friends married a man 14 years younger than she was. I dated a 52 year old man when I was 32.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Good to know, and that is my reason for wanting a woman 10-15 years younger. It ain't easy at all finding it.
Are you doing online dating? It greatly expands the available pool of potential partners.

Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM

2,038 posts, read 557,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waanaabe View Post
Hi, I'm new so I'll start with something I read and was shocked by. In a similar forum, a woman posted that men over 40 often check the "wanting children" box in dating site. This, a total 100% or responders attributed to a gimmick to meet younger women. NOBODY assumed the men really wanted kids, nor older woman. WHY? Because I, a WOMAN over 40 wanting children but having fertility issues, was looking for the best place to put a relationship as and turned out NOTHING that was NOT "hookups". What if some men feel the same? It's extra-hard to find such a place. I was also shocked but the number of people disgusted by the idea of 40-50somethings having kids. But it's a fact of this century that there are as many 20yo's who don't have children as 40yos who do.As a psychologist, I'd have lots to have, but let's focus
If anyone has something positive to contribute, I'm all ears! (sites where to place ads would be welcomed!) Thank you all, waanaabe
Heck, I've met my share of women over 40 that are still chomping at the bit to have kids. I had to end things with a woman aged 40 that was insisting on this. She said she had to end a 5-year relationship with a 45 year old man because he didn't want to have kids.

Doesn't surprise me, because who wants to be an AARP member and a dad at the same time? age 55 and with a 10 year old is a turn off to most singles the same age with kids grown and out of the house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or